1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems Burning .DVD and .000 files

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by sirkevin, Jan 24, 2007.

1. sirkevin

sirkevin Member

Hi, i already tried to burn one game - Gears of War- sx-gowu.000 using clonecd. Im going to try img burn now

I followed the tutorial on this site, but when i am burning the .dvd file the file fails to burn half way through...

I know my dl dvd's work, but i don't want to keep trying this Gowu file and make a lot of coasters.

any ideas?? i've followed the recommended steps. my burner is a Plextor PX-740a

THANKS!!!

2. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

make sure the .dvd file is as follows
    layerbreak=1913760
    sx-gowu.000

3. sirkevin

sirkevin Member

it is... I already checked that... any other advice???

the burning process starts... it just screws up half way

4. ferrytran

ferrytran Guest

u should use dvd dycrypter. try to open the .dvd file with notepad. then delete the whole first line of layer break(and the numbers). then save as it to something else (ex. gowdycrypter.dvd). just rename it to anything other then the original. and make sure u have the .dvd extension. then open the .dvd file you jus saved with dvd dycrypter. make sure u have layer break in the setting. then go ahead and burn from there

5. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

That might work. I've had a couple of .dvd files that didn't seem to work for me as well.

6. sirkevin

sirkevin Member

uhh.. i just tried that and it doesn't work...

first of all... when i open the original .dvd file with dvd decryptor, it says it cannot open, because "cannot find specified file"

then when i delte the opening line with notepad and rename it, the file becomes a text document??? now im a little confused...

7. sirkevin

sirkevin Member

Hello! Please help! i've made a discovery!

I tried to burn another, using image burn, and the problem starts right when the burn process switches to LAYER 1... it seems that my DL burner is not burning two layers....??? IT is A DVD+R DL BURNER and its starts burning just fine....

Does anyone know why my burner won't switch to layer 1 from layer 0..

imgburn tells me -- "invalid address for write"

PLEASE HELP

8. sirkevin

sirkevin Member

9. navsav

navsav Regular member

Have you tested your burner by just burning some random files onto the dual Layer to see if the burn works? I have this memorex burner and every now and then it fails to burn layer 1 and then tell me some sort of power calibration error. I don't why it does this but it fixes itself after a few reboots. So do another test and it could be possible that your burner is messed up.

10. s33s33

s33s33 Member

ok ... so i downloaded 2 files in 000 and 001 type o file ... i cant open them with winrar and neither with daemon tools ... what should i do ??
    the 2 files are 1gb each
    can anyone help plss ?:)

11. Trixx_14

Trixx_14 Regular member

im not really understanding what ur trying too say but, when i downloaded gears of war i extracted it and there was a dvd file and a 000 file. all u do is put ONLY the 2 files in a folder and i used img burn to put to a dl + dvd

hope it helps