1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems burning DVD+R's

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by soutoebx, Aug 22, 2004.

1. soutoebx

soutoebx Member

I have copied over 100 DVDs so far, with very few problems. Now that I try to do so on a new computer I can't get any of them to burn all the way. Here is the error message that pops up when I try to copy with the newest version of DVD shrink:

8:30:14 PM #25 Phase 38 File APIProgress.cpp, Line 238
    Burn process failed at 4x (5,540 KB/s)

Existing drivers:
    File 'DriversCDRALW2K.SYS': Ver=5.3.5.10, size=23436 bytes, created 7/21/2003 2:25:39 PM

Registry Keys:
    HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionWinLogonAllocateCDROMs : 0 (Security Option)

The problem also happens when I take the already ripped files and try to burn with Nero 6 Ultra. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

2. bigorange

bigorange Active member

here are a couple of things to check, on your new PC:

1) Is your burners firmware up to date?
    2) Is your ide settings set to DMA?
    3) Did you install all the ultra 6 update packs except InCD(stay away from that-causes problems)?
    4) Have you installed an apsi layer?
    5) Have you tried different media?
    6) And, are you doing anything else on your pc while trying to burn?

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]..Dell Media4600, XP,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz,512MB,280HDw/8MB,17" flat panel,AIO-A920,8xDVD-ROM,integrated 5.1 audio, HPdc4000,PlextorPX-708UF,LiteOn SO[/small]

Last edited: Aug 23, 2004
  3. soutoebx

soutoebx Member

bigorange, thanks for your reply. I tried all the suggestions you gave that I knew anything about. There were a few I didn't understand:

1) Is your burners firmware up to date?
    2) Is your ide settings set to DMA?

I have used this burner before on my old PC - it is external - and never ever had this problem. I downloaded from afterdawn a ASPI layer though when I double clicked it I think it only just self-extracted, but I could not figure which file was executable. I don't know how to check the firmware and don't know what DMA is...please help!!

4. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Hi guys
    Hey bigo i see you got a promotion,congrats man(isnt the pay nice)
    To check for dma settings on xp, right click my computer/properties/hardware tab/device manager/ide ata/atapi controllers,check out this guide:http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/storage/IDE-DMA.mspx

your firmware,you should be able to search google with the name brand of your burner and find something.Make sure you have the right make and model as a bad flash will kill your burner

good luck
    jim

5. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Thanx jim, for the compliment and the advice, I got back a little late, lol. Cudos to you also.

I'm now making 10 times what I was, i believe you told me this would happen quite some time ago, remember? ;)

BTW, that's a very good thread, I always write it out, it has many other operating tips also, I have bookmarked it. Of course most people could use the search and help function on their PC, but.....
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]..Dell Media4600, XP,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz,512MB,280HDw/8MB,17" flat panel,AIO-A920,8xDVD-ROM,integrated 5.1 audio, HPdc4000,PlextorPX-708UF,LiteOn SO[/small]

Last edited: Aug 23, 2004