1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems burning DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jackie196, Sep 29, 2004.

1. jackie196

jackie196 Member

I followed the guide exactly http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/convert_avi_to_dvd.cfm to convert and AVI file to DVD. At the final burn process in nero it goes through the whole burn process then the DVD does not pay in my stand alone player or on my other computers DVD playe. The VOB files play fine before the burn process. I cant seem to work out what is going wrong as I followed the instructions exactly except for one fact that in IFO edit I trimmed the movie file at each end to fit it onto a standard DVD disk. But the VOB files still preview. We have used many disks trying to burn even DVD to DVD and still have problems. There is only one file that actually worked and that was using nero vision express. Any help greatly appreciated.

2. bigorange

bigorange Active member

No.1-use RW's til you get it going to save on coasters.

No.2-what media are you using? Bad or crappy media can often cause these problems. much more than people think. If it's working until the burn it sounds like bad media or player compatibility issues. Which leads me to

No.3-What media format are u using and what is your player's format?