1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems burning dvd

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by aaroniain, Mar 18, 2005.

1. aaroniain

aaroniain Member

Hi i have downloaded some new films but am haveing problems burning them to a dvd disk it keeps coming up unexpected file format have tried to convert them to dvd format but still says the same thing. Can u help me as i have never done this before and are new i have lots of films to burn to dvd disk and are stuck hope you can help. Thanks a lot

2. thugs121

thugs121 Regular member

Hi,

What is the file format of the movies you downloaded? Are they .avi or .mpg?

What software are you using to burn the movie?

What software are you using to convert the file to dvd format?

3. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Downloaded files must be converted to DVD compliant files before you can burn them to disc. Also, these files won't have a menu, so what I'm going to suggest will enable you to convert, make a menu, and burn to disc all in one app.

Have you tried NVE 3(NeroVisionExpress 3)? It will allow you you to convert the files(It also converts faster than most of the other file conversion apps), add more than one file(individually or all at once), create a custom menu for your compilation so you can navigate and go to any file you wish, set chapters, compress, and burn to DVD all in one app.

It even has a software remote control with which to preview your work and make sure it works and allows you to make any changes you wish before you burn to disc.

It comes in the Nero Ultra 6 suite, an entire suite of audio and video programs which you can use for free each and every month for the entire month til you decide to buy(which I highly recommend). You must reinstall it each month and then you are good to go for that month.

I also have a NVE3 simple basic guide I wrote if you need it.