1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems burning DVDs in Ulead VideoStudio

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ChrisBa, Mar 26, 2007.

1. ChrisBa

ChrisBa Member

I video our Church Services and make DVDs for the shut-ins. I am having some problems with some DVDs not working in some DVD players. I have a player that will sometimes paly and sometimes not. I have a Compac Computer using Ulead Video Studio editing software. I use HP or TDK DVD-R discs. There are times that the disc just seems to search for the content, sometimes a couple of minutes until I get tired of waiting. The next disc may do the same thing, or may work. I have had another person at church tell me that it would not work in his DVD player, but works fine in his PC. I have tried the discs in 3-4 PCs with no problem.

Where am I running into problems: DVD burner - Software - Discs?

Any ideas?

Any help would be appreciated.

Chris Barnes

2. FFsp42

FFsp42 Regular member

Here's a couple of solutions:

I use HP or TDK DVD-R discs.
    Media quality might play a factor. These discs are not that great. For best results, use Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim brand discs.
    Also, since you are burning DVD-R, check the owner's manual of your standalone DVD players. Some players, especially older models, will only play certain formats, either -Rs or +Rs

Lastly, check to see if your burning software will allow you to bookmark your discs as DVD-ROM.

See if these give ya better results.

3. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

Use Verbatim DVDR- disc a great program for video is Pinnacle 10 ( not free ) but a good program to make some great DVD's