1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems Burning DVDs

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by DoublDown, Jan 5, 2005.

1. DoublDown

DoublDown Member

Hey all,

Ok..This may sound dumb and long but hear me out. I recently received a DVD Burner from my gf. Its called "MadDog Multimedia 16xDVD+-R+-RW" (external drive) and it came with the Nero Burning Software. Now, trying to burn a DVD to DVD w. Nero it obviously doesnt work bc every DVD is Copy-protected, so checking through the posts here I DL'ed DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink.
    Please let me know if this sounds correct...I would set the Decrypter: "MODE" - "ISO" - "WRITE" and unclick the verify box. Where it says "Source" I leave it blank bc supposidly the Decrypter will find the locastion for me than where it says "Destination" - I put the DVD Burner drive. Than I close out of Decrypt without burning anything. Ill use Shrink to burn it to my HardDrive. I than open Shrink.."EDIT" - "PREFERENCES" - "DVD TARGET SIZE" as "CUSTOM" and set the size to 4360mb. Under "FILE I/O" ill unclick the "ENABLE BURNING WITH NERO" than OK...just so that Decrypt will open instead.
    Id place the DVD into the DVD drive and the blank into the DVD Burn drive. Im using MEMOREX 8X 4.7GB 120Min DVD-R disks.
    In Shrink, Id make the necessary changes such as unclicking the foreign lang's etc.
    Than Id select "BACKUP" - under TARGET DEVICE - SELECT BACKUP TARGET - ISO IMAGE FILE - BURN WITH DVD DECRYPTER." Under QUALITY setting id UNCLICK the DEEP ANALYSIS BUTTON bc i heard this just takes more time.
    Than finally id "SELECT TARGET IMAGE FILE" find a created folder I made. and "SAVE" than clicking OK.
    Now It should all work out...but it seems i keep getting an error message (ISO error messages) once DVD Decrypter takes over and tries to burn from the HardDrive FILE to the DVD Burner.
    If someone has an easier way to burn or thinks they understand the problem please help. I may be missing a step etc.

Sorry its sooooo long but im new to this.. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

DD

Last edited: Jan 5, 2005
  2. pollushon

pollushon Regular member

Best advice - forget decrypter just use shrink, and always perform a deep analysis, then burn with nero this gives you a dramatic increase in quality. It still may be a slow process but will be much quicker than what your doing.

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Moved.