1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems burning halo 2

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by .:D3LL:., Oct 26, 2004.

1. .:D3LL:.

.:D3LL:. Member

Hey every1, i have halo 2 and have had trouble burning it, when i burn it n try to play it on xbox it says that it cannot recognize disk. I made it into n iso file n it wunt recognize it has any1 else had problems like this?

2. punqewe

punqewe Active member

Did you use quix or craxtion to make the iso? Cause a normal iso isn't what you need...it's an Xiso that you're looking for. Try using one of the apps I mentioned and see if that works. Don't forget to patch it too.

3. .:D3LL:.

I used xISO does that patch the .xbe files? cause that may be the reason y it isnt workin

4. Degallle

Degallle Regular member

What are you trying to make an .iso? the files or the .rar. also if you got the dvd9_diffusion (the one with the password i think) it's already an xiso but to put it in the dvd5 format you need to download the dvd5 thing from torrent and it will take out uneeded files and remake it to an xiso if I remember right if not just make it an xiso file and then burn it simple as that.

5. xbcgamer

xbcgamer Member

But what compilation do you use to burn it with Nero examples: image Burn, UDF/ISO or just UDF burn or a data burn mabye what help me out please will someone help me out Thats all i need is your burn procedure. Thanks!

6. .:D3LL:.

Hey all, listen, i didnt download from a torrent i got it from a friend (flash fxp) we ftp. Ok so the only files i have in ma halo 2 folder r as followed:
    Bink folder
    Media folder
    Map folder
    default.xbe
    update.xbe
    and 2 other .xbe files
    how do i burn them 2 a dvd-r with nero 6.0?

7. akamurph

akamurph Member

You would need a DVD9 to DVD5 kit to make it fit on a DVD-R.

If you have flashfxp, can I ask why you don't just transfer those folders/files to your xbox?

8. .:D3LL:.

so i am able 2 burn a copy 4 a friend, because he cbf downloadin halo 2 :p so can some1 tell me how 2 do it

9. bipop

bipop Member

hey guys i just downloaded halo 2 thru torrents. and is there any way i can burn halo 2 for ps2 instead of xbox? is there any software that changes file format so that i can burn it and play it on ps2?