1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems burning ISO with DVD-R

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by agentcoop, Aug 23, 2004.

1. agentcoop

agentcoop Member

Win XP
    Pioneer 104

Nero 6
    Ritek Branded A Grade DVD-R
    Playstation v4 / Messiah 2

Trying to burn an ISO that is only 1.6 gig in size with Nero (1x speed) and Ritek DVD but when I boot up in my ps2 just hangs on the PS2 settings page. I have other DVD backups that work so its either the Ritek DVD or the way I'm burning it in Nero.

Is there an issue with the blank space - should i be setting something in Nero so that it fills up the extra space rather than only burning the 1.6 gig? Anyone had problems in past with Ritek DVD-Rs?

Is there another burning program that I can use for this (to fill the blank space) or should I be opening up the iso file rather than just burning ISO file directly in Nero?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Coops

2. Ashman1

Ashman1 Regular member

I use Ritek DVD-R and have had no problem. Try using DVD Decrypter (found on this site). It is free and it works great. Make sure you read in ISO Mode and write in ISO Mode. Burn at 1x. It works evey time.

As for filling up the blank space; it doesn't matter. You should only be worried if there is not enough space on your blank media to burn your copy.
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Windows Xp
    Sony’s Internal DVD±RW Drive DRU-530A
    Media: Ritek DVD-R G04 4x
    DVD Decryptor
    PS2 v5 Flip Top with SMD
    DVD Loader[/small]

Last edited: Aug 25, 2004