1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems Burning Jak 3

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by TrOGGlez, Nov 14, 2004.

1. TrOGGlez

TrOGGlez Member

I've done just fine backing up ps2 dvd's in the past, but this one just puzzles me. The error I get is that after it passes the "Playstation 2" screen it refuses to continue loading the game and just leaves a black screen there. All my other backed up and origional games work fine. I created an ISO using Nero, Dvd Decrypter, DiscJuggler, and Alcohol 120% on my Pioneer 104. I then burned each ISO to 3 different types of media, each of which has worked for me before. Yet each copy gives me this same error... I've backed up many of my games before this, and yet for some reason I can't get Jak 3 NTSC to work.

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

i just did jak 3 ntsc, and it loads perfectly with swap magic.

3. skyline6

skyline6 Member

Ya, I have the same problem I use swap magic then when I boot it up it just shows a black screen the whole time. Please help!!!

Last edited: Dec 16, 2004
  4. object64

object64 Member

wus up peeps,,,,,,
    u know wa ive been havein the same prob.........but once i got the latest version of the swap disk 3 the games loaded faster ......all my copy games dat didnt load with the old swap disc load with the new version.
    hope this is usefull.

5. object64

object64 Member

im refering to the swap magic dvd version 3 disk

6. Mark13760

Mark13760 Member

It's possible that Jak3 requires CD-Loader, and is why that is happening, but the new 3.3 ver swap discs have cdloader incorperated in the discs, so eliminates the need for the seperate CD-Loader disc to boot.

7. mgray09

mgray09 Member

If you go to swapmagicfix.com, Jak 3 isn't listed as needing CD Loader. I have a similar problem, only it freezes at the "Sony Computer Entertainment America presents" screen.

8. rayza184

rayza184 Regular member

mine works just fine. I used dvd decryptor with memorex dvd+r discs at 1x speed. loads fine with swap magic.

9. havingfun

havingfun Member

I successfully made a backup of Jak 3 using DVD decrypter only, used the SONY DVD-R blank. I used the old SM dvd v. 2 to load up the game and works fine. My PS2 is ver.4 and reads both dvd-r, dvd+r as long as they are good quality medium. Verbatim DVD+R, SONY DVD-R, and Maxell DVD-R/DVD+R all worked in my PS2 but no-name store brands medium only worked once every ten tries (I use them to copy movies and work fine with stand alone dvd players). So Jak 3 is no different than other PS2 games that can be copied.

10. tuka10

tuka10 Member

I'm having a similar problem with the black screen. However, I WAS able to play the game for a couple of hours before this started occurring. Once I reached a certain stage, the black screen came up and stayed up, and even restarting the game makes no difference. Imm using Swap Magic v3.0.

11. tuka10

tuka10 Member

It works now. I used to both, create images and burn using Alcohol 120%. Instead I created an image using DVD Decrypter and burnt it using Alcohol 120%. That seemed to fix the issue.

12. sizla

sizla Member

I dont know if its just me or ps2 is working miracles. I say this becuase its Version1 and from what I've read from many of these threads It can only play one type of media..which is either Plus(+) or Minus(-). However i made a back up copy of Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2 on a Maxel Media(+) burned at 4x and it works good. I also backed up Grand Theft Auto Sandreas and Grand Theft Auto3 on a verbatim media(-)and they both work....I used dvd decrypter to do the job and i'm using Magic Swap Dics Version 3.3 and a Slidecard. So to anybody that has an older version of ps2 use the new version Magics and good media and ur ps2 will work charms like mine. peace out

13. sizla

sizla Member

I need a bit of help....this is off topic though. I'm playing jak3 and i'm in the little mountain where theres the eye above the gate and it has spikes come up preventing you from goin' through the door to talk to damas. How do i get passed that eye. thanx to anybody who can answer my question.

14. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

unless you have the invisible skill, you have to jump up the ledges to the top of the mountain.

15. sizla

sizla Member

So how do you obtain this invincible skill.

16. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

read the rest of my post, or goto gamefaqs.com

17. t_fediuk

t_fediuk Guest

i have made a back up of jak 3 using games x copy. works perfect