1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems burning to DVD-R (DVD-RW working great)

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Fb4U, Mar 19, 2002.

1. Fb4U

Fb4U Guest

Hi,
    I have been able to successfully burn DVD's with my pioneer A03 to DVD-RW using PrimoDVD and they work in my stand-alone player, however when I try to burn them onto a DVD-R PrimoDVD just sits there with the message "waiting for drive to become ready". Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem or has an idea what is going on.

Thanks in advance

2. jnihil

jnihil Moderator Staff Member

haven't had that problem. what version of firmware are you running?

3. Fb4U

Fb4U Guest

I haven't updated it so I believe it's 1.65. I think the problem is with Prassi (although others seem to have no problem), since I have been able to record to DVD-R with GEAR PRO DVD.

One more question. Has anyone had problems creating a disk image with IFOEdit? I get "missing imglib.dll" error when I try. I'm running Win2k and I downloaded this .dll and put it in my winnt\system directory but I still get this error.

4. magicbin

magicbin Guest

Put it in the same directory as IFOedit's exe.

5. ultima

ultima Member

Might want to try different brand media... some brand media are not that compatible with some drives...

I use Universol dvd-r... get them at www.buy-dvd-r.com they seem to be the only one in US carring it.

6. ISULucky7

ISULucky7 Guest

7. ultima

ultima Member

That's not Universal media, I bought from them before, they are US made DVD-R. I have to say US made media are not that good... you don't see pioneer, mitsue setting up factory in US, labor just too expensive... to lower the price they just throw in cheap dye to make those media ... you are from dvdrom2 go aren't you... no spam in this forum

8. ISULucky7

ISULucky7 Guest

Look at the assumption of Ultima assuming SPAM. That is why I asked a question about PS2 backups in another thread.

Lets think before we type

9. ultima

ultima Member

sorry man... my bad

10. ISULucky7

ISULucky7 Guest

Sorry to be so harsh - let's just all get along

We are all here to do the same thing

Official apology to Ultima

11. mscogna

mscogna Member

Hi All,

No affiliation to any company :=)

I have noticed on the cheaper media ( I get mine from CDROM2GO) that if I lower the speed to 1x on the DVD-R, I have less failure rate. DVD-RW can only write 1x, which is why you may have success doing the RW's and not the R's. Just a thought.

12. mikeyc

mikeyc Member

13. zOrgknT

zOrgknT Member

Hi,
    I have the same problem as Fb4U but with pioneer dvr-104 : When I am writing to DVD-RW, the DVDs are perfectly readable but when I am writing to DVD-R, the DVDs are not working (I can not reread everything from my computer...). I have the same problem with CD-R versus CD-RW. I am using Nero Burning Rom.
    Do anybody can help me.
    Thanks in advance.