1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems burning "troy"

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by 66mje, Jan 24, 2005.

1. 66mje

66mje Guest

I kept getting errors while using dvd shrink so I used decrypter and figured I could use shrink to re-author it and burn it. Only problem is when I use the drop down within shrink to open it, it's nowhere to be found. Is this because the file is an "mds" and can't be recognized. Any idea on my options here?

2. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Hey 66,

I can't go into detail about the problem but I can help you out, or at least will try to....

Ok, first and foremost get the latest DVD Decrypt and Shrink, they should be available on Afterdawn.

Next, use DVD Decrypt and keep the settings in default, but make sure under "MODE" you have ISO--> "READ" not "WRITE" on (check marked)

Next, for your destination folder, shoot it over to your desktop, then just decrypt.

After that is done, open up Shrink. Go to "FILE, " and "OPEN DISC IMAGE." Find the image that you used got from DECRYPT and then scan it.

Now, after it analyzes it, just go through the options that are available to you and then make sure you put the image that it creates in your C: drive (only reason I say that is so that you don't burn the wrong image)

Lastly, use Nero to burn the Shrink image and then it should be good from there.

Let me know if this helps and if it doens't you should get a better response from a veteran on the forums. But this should work for you.

Oh yeah, one more thing....the mds file....you shouldn't have to worry about that. At least, I don't keep mine.

Hope this helps.

See ya on the forums!

3. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Sorry if it posted twice, I was having some programs with my internet a minute ago...

Last edited: Jan 24, 2005
  4. hursty

hursty Active member

what problems did you have with dvd shrink?

the mds file is a extension from which the others are linked together so to speak.
    shrink will recognize mds
    file>open disc image.it clearly says "files of type"-mds amongst others
    i would suggest you make a folder on yout desktop for which your data can be stored,that way you cannot lose it.
    with kind regards hursty

5. 66mje

66mje Guest

Success! Thanks for the help.

6. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

That's great 66.....

Hope all your future burns are as successful as this one......