1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems burning TV shows and menu question

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by Tesal, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Tesal

Tesal Member

Hi, so I just got my dvd burner today and i was trying to figure out how to burn copy protected DVDs and ended up here. I downloaded DVD decrypter and DVD shrink and was able to successfully copy The Boondock Saints. The only thing i noticed was there is no longer a menu or special features as far as i can tell. Is there any way to keep these when burning DVDs?

Also I tried to burn Sopranos disk 1 to a DVD and all that was burned was Episode 1 of 4. So I was wondering how to get all four episodes on one DVD?

Thanks for your help.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2007
  2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

It sounds like you have decrypter set to main movie only or are using reauthor mode in Shrink.
    In decrypter go to mode then pick file and all. This will rip the whole dvd - extras, menu and all.
    In Shrink just use full disc mode - this is the mode it's in when you open it.
    Since neither program is updated any more to handle the newer copy protection rip w/ the free DVDFab HD Decrypter 1st then open those files in Shrink. It's still updated to handle the newer stuff.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2007
  3. Tesal

Tesal Member

I started trying to use AnyDVD and DVDclone and they have been doing what I was asking about. I am curious now though, is there any downside ot using anydvd and dvdclone instead of dvd decryptor and dvd shrink?

4. binkie7

No downside - I use AnyDVD to break the copy protection and usually with CloneDVD too. Make sure you have CloneDVD too and not DVDClone - diff programs.
    Since Shrink and Decrypter are no longer updated you need something that's updated like AnyDVD to handle the new stuff.

CloneDVD also has functionality that Shrink doesn't like you can do movie only and keep the menu and when doing full backup you can uncheck which special features you don't want. CloneDVD will remove them - Shrink inserts a still pic or image depending on which you pick.
    Oh and in AnyDVD you can also set it to jump straight to the menu - bypassing previews and usually the FBI warnings.

5. Tesal

Tesal Member

Didn't know about the setting, glad you mentioned it.

Thanks for the help guys.

One final question, when i was using CloneDVD I notice it has a "quality" bar, will I realy be able to tell a difference if my quality drops low? I normally seem to burn at 50 to 60 percent, is there any secrets to improving this other than turning off options and such?

6. binkie7

Not a problem Tesal

Yep depending on what you watching these dvd's on you will notice a difference in quality. The larger the screen the bigger the difference.
    If the quality bar shows 50 or 60% then that means 50 or 40% compression being used.
    I try and keep mine around 70% or higher. I only keep the ac3-6 english audio and remove all the special features I'll never watch. So it usually keeps it 70% or higher.
    The other way is to just burn to a dual layer disc and no compression is needed.