1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems burning video to DVD+R

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Kiernan, Nov 25, 2004.

1. Kiernan

Kiernan Member

I have an NEC 3500A DVD burner and am using cheap 8x DVD+Rs (with Budget written in them!). My video files are in .IFO, .BUP, .VOB format on my hard disk. I'm using Roxio Easy CD/DVD Creator 5.x to burn. The burn (usually!) completes OK but the movie freezes (for up to 15 seconds) at numerous places during playback.

I've read so much about ASPI layers, bad media, etc. I don't where my problem lies. Can anyone help me to produce DVD+Rs that I can actually watch. I've already got enough coasters to open a bar!

2. Kiernan

Kiernan Member

Note - I have checked the media with DVD Identifier and it is a Taiyo Yuden disk (DVD+R:YUDEN000-T02-000)

3. zippyd

zippyd Active member

It is possible that you got a hold of fake TY disc. Their popularity as a quality manufacturer have led to fakes being produced.
    Try burning slower first-2X- and see if that helps with your present media. If that fails, try switching media and see if that helps.

4. Kiernan

Kiernan Member

Thanks ZippyD,

I bought the media from a reputable supplier so I don't believe its fake. I tried starting my PC in safe mode (so nothing else is running) and the burn defaulted to 1x instead of the 6x or 7x that it usually burns at - however result was still the same. I've now burned the same movie 6 times and they all have freezes on them (always in different places!).