1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems burning Xbox ISO to Nero

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by googagoog, Jan 10, 2005.

1. googagoog

googagoog Member

Hi guys. I am after some help if you are to assist. I am transfering games from xbox to PC hard drive using flash FXP. I have successfully made ISO image using both ISO Maker and Qwix. However when I burn image to disc in Nero Express it is not properly working as backup in XBox. It registers as game and says "loading" with correct game name but goes no further. The Nero version I am using is OEM Suite. Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

Cheers
    Ivan

2. john179

john179 Active member

3. jtaulbut

jtaulbut Member

You want to install Craxtion4
    http://www.craxtion.com
    Remember you need to install .net from the MS Windows Update site to use it. I used it yesterday after I created a couple of expensive coasters with QUIX. It patches your XBE files automatically and you can even verify your ISO.

4. googagoog

googagoog Member

Thanks for the tip. I tried to visit the Craxtion website but it keeps failing to load page. I also used the DVD encryptor reccomended and have exactly the same result.

Will keep trying the Craxtion website in case it is temporarily down.

Did you mean I had to install windows .NET update before being able to use Craxtion?

5. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

You need the Microsoft .net framework in order to run Craxtion 4.

6. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Did you burn at the slowest rate possible?

7. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

Yes, I back up all my games at the slowest speed possible.

8. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

Quad, was that question for me?

9. googagoog

googagoog Member

Thanks again guys. I tried burning at 1x but by default it burnt at 2x. This Craxtion you mention I am unable to visit on any of my computers. I am getting the "The page cannot be displayed" page on everyone of their pages that come up in google. It seems that their site is down at present. Is anyone else having this problem or is it just me?

10. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Last edited: Jan 11, 2005
  11. googagoog

googagoog Member

Thanks for the link Quadratic. I successfully download and installed Craxtion. I have also updated window for .NET patches. Despite the .NET patches the Craxtion is not load on either computer. It is showing the same bug on both and when you click to try to debug it freezes the system. Any suggestions?

12. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

13. FullySik

FullySik Guest

its not working because u dont burn it with nero express u need to burn it with nero6 burning rom:
    open nero6 burning rom
    close the new complication window
    click on recorder
    click on burn image
    and select the iso

14. googagoog

googagoog Member

Thanks for tips guys. I have now sucessfully backed up my first two games using CloneXB and burning through DVD decrypter at 1x speed. The next two games I have had some trouble with though. CloneXB is transfering the game via FTP to the computer then won't make ISO. I get the following message:-

"Single layer discs cannot be automatically optimised as their layout is already presumed to be correct. You can manually tweak their layout by directly editing the layout file and running this program without any optimisation flags"

How do you manually tweak the layout or what should I do to correct this problem?

I tried unchecking "optimise layout" and it was then saying that the game was too big for a DVD. If it fits on the original disc why would I get this message?

Any further help appreciated

Cheers
    G

15. BR7

BR7 Regular member

Some original games are on DVD9 discs (dual layer). Unless you have a dual layer burner and discs, your outta luck.

You can still however transfer the files via FTP to your PC and then run the files through QWIX. QWIX can crosslink identical files and save some space.

What game(s) are you having problems with? Some games have "fixes" floating around the internet that will delete usless garbage from DVD9 discs and make it fit onto a DVD5.

16. BR7

BR7 Regular member

17. googagoog

googagoog Member

Thanks for that help. I have tried Qwix and had trouble too but will try again with the FTP'd raw game files and see if it will compress them any. The games which it is saying are too big are Quiddich World Cup and Spider Man 1. Are there any fixes for these games and where would I find them?
    Thanks in advance
    G

18. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Hmm that's strange..

Even though the game may be too big, it should still transfer in the folder form (that's what happened with Halo 2 for me).

"Single layer discs cannot be automatically optimised as their layout is already presumed to be correct. You can manually tweak their layout by directly editing the layout file and running this program without any optimisation flags"

Most games are made on a double layer disc. However, first generation xbox games MIGHT have been made on a single layer disc. The games you have are probably first generation Xbox Games.

Um, I believe he just said qwix didn't work for him...

19. googagoog

googagoog Member

I think I have finally it worked out. For reference, I backed up the first two through CloneXB without knowing which dashboard to check and guessed at EvolutionX. This worked fine. Then rang the shop that modded the XBox to clarify which dashboard they had installed and he advised it as UnleashX. It was when I tried backing up with this option that I had failure. Have since gone back to what worked the first time and have backed up three more sussessfully.

Thanks for all the assistance.

20. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Well the dashboard part doesn't matter when making ISOs. It only matters when FTPing into the xbox and getting the files (it still doesn't really matter)