1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems burning

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by wesank752, May 2, 2007.

1. wesank752

wesank752 Member

i have downloaded the divx player which in it there is a dvd burner and i have a dvd burner but when i click burn the dvd it says insert writable media im using dvd+r RW what is the problem

2. sorrow93

sorrow93 Regular member

I am guessing here but has the dvd+rw been wiped clean meaning there are no previous files left on it?
    does your burner support RW media? (it should)
    I am having a brain-fade at the moment I cannot think of the right word so I'll use the old term "format" the RW disc using Nero if you have it that is my theory why it's telling you to insert writable media
    goodluck

3. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

If you have an RW disk it's wise to erase the disk before recording using burning software.... but most software will alert you with a message saying that your disk is full and it needs erasing and if you do you will lose all the files on the disk. If it doesn't say that your disk needs erasing and you already cleaned the disk and you still get the message that you need to insert a recordable disk, then the program is not recognizing your disk as recordable media! Use another disk. Using good media stops many problems. Stick with the MIJ rule (Made In Japan). Look for the MIJ on the label of the box of spindle (Taiyo Yuden, Sony, Maxell, and some Fuji)... the only exception to this rule is Verbatim, which is top notch media but made in Taiwan/Singapore and the only non MIJs I will use.

and what is your DivX player software playing? are you playing DivX files or Avi files or mpg files, or are you using this software to play DVDs...... you might need a converter to convert the files to DVD compliant files and then burn to DVD! or if you are playing a DVD and want to burn that DVD to another DVD, you might have to take out the encryptions on the store bought DVD to burn (copy) to a writable DVD. And if your DVD that you are trying to copy is a large DVD then you will need to shrink the DVD to a DVD5(single layer DVD writable) or a DL writable (DVD9). there are lots of questions here. what are you trying to do.... write a video file to DVD or copy a DVD to a writable DVD?

4. wesank752

wesank752 Member

i downloaded divx player 6.4.3 and i downloaded a movie in avi format and when i click play it plays the file for like 2 seconds and then it shuts off and exits out of the whol program but it doesnt do it for some of the other vids i have why is it doing this

5. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

it does this because you downloaded a corrupted AVI and the others that you downloaded are fine! go figure! try try again!

6. wesank752

wesank752 Member

well i saved these videos to a jump drive and took them to a different computer and the video played perfectly is it because of the codecs are there certain ones that i need that i dont have is there only one place to download these codec from (the divx website) i have downloaded the whole thing and it only plays some files on my computer but on a different computer it plays everything perfectly

7. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

this problem seems to be going from not recognizing your RW disk to an AVI viewing problem! Maybe there is something wrong with your computer that is causing all of this..... from codecs to Windows processing problems..... sounds like maybe you have installed and then deleted some program that you didn't want and in the process could have deleted some common files that you need to work some other programs and now you're finding out that you can't do things with your computer as compared to other computers! I hate that! If this happened it could have even mixed up your registry files, too!

I don't know what happened and can't possibly tell you what to do but you can download a Codec package and see if that helps.

Just make sure that your playing software, that you use, is able to play AVI files and make sure that it's check box is checked to do this!

good luck......