1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems Combining VOBs in Nerovision 4.9.0.18

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by djblobby, Jan 30, 2007.

1. djblobby

djblobby Member

I cannot import a DVD into nerovision as I get an error message:- "Error importing video segment. File cannot be inserted."
    When Vob File are selected I get this message (As I did in all Other versions):- "One or more VOB files that contain multiple segments can be imported as a single video if their video properties match.
    Do you want to merge VOB segments into a single video if possible? (If you click No, each segment will be treated as an individual video.)" I click Yes and get the following Error:- "Error importing video segment. File cannot be inserted." All other versions have imported these files perfectly. I have tried importing VOB files that were imported successfully in previous versions,they to failed.

2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

try using Nero Burning Rom not NeroVission.

3. djblobby

djblobby Member

Hi I need to have the VOB files combined as one video file so I can re-edit and add menu items improve picture quality,add sound files etc. Basiclly to re edit. All the other versions have done this perfectly. The video file is by default saved in the My Documents > Nerovision > Imported Video folder.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2007
  4. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

are you VOB files just the movie? If it's not then you have a full DVD there with original menus, trailors, warning screens and such and it won't load properly ... that's why the error messages. Try ripping the DVD as movie only and then load into NeroVission. this could be your problem.

If you want to really edit the original DVD with it's menus and trailors and director comments and such then use a great program called DVDRemake Pro. It's an in depth and complicated program at first but after following some guides you get the hang of it and learn all about DVD structure and how it works and then you can have total control over a DVD! Edit original menus, take out warning screens, hide buttons, edit movie, etc. good luck.

5. djblobby

djblobby Member

No it wil not combine Movie only VOBs. As I stated before the method was straight forward in all other versions I have used right from Nero vision 2, never been a problem until now. I will go back to Nero 7.5.7.0 at least everything worked.the fact that Nerovision shut down was no problem just click ok when the error showed up. 7.5.9.0 & 7.5.9.0a would give burn errors on multiple burns ie. 3 writers.

6. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

ok...... maybe someone else can find something for you.....I am stumped. Other than doing a system restore to when it was working properly I don't know what to tell you. good luck in your quest.

7. SkipMcM

SkipMcM Member

That happened to me with an internet download of Ultra from the Nero site. I uninstalled the program and reinstalled a version that I had saved in a downloads file (I can't remember which version). The probelm disappeared. So much for updating software.

8. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

Are you just dragging files into NeroVision or using the "Import Disc" option? I tried the import disc on a DVD I had made, and it put the videos back as they were before I burned it. Never got that message but did when I was adding invididual .VOB files