1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems converting/extracting PrimoDVD images

Discussion in 'PS2' started by mmlnewbie, Dec 12, 2003.

1. mmlnewbie

mmlnewbie Member

I have two different PS2 games that have been backed up using Prassi PrimoDVD. My problem is that Primo doesn't support any of my DVD writers (both are rather new), so I can't burn the DVDs using Primo.

I've tried using UltraIso to convert the image files, but it just croaks with a looping "Error during read!" dialog.

I've tried using IsoBuster to extract to CUE/BIN files, but the images generated are invalid (I also get a read error at the end).

I've also tried extracting the user data directly to disk and compose a new Data DVD with Nero, but the disk is unreadable by PS2 with a Magic 3.1 chip.

At first I thought the Primo image was simply corrupt, but since I'm seeing the exact same behaviour with two different images, I think I'm just doing something totally wrong.

Please suggest a way forward, especially if you have done this before successfully (converted from GI to ISO/BIN/CCD/whatever).

Last edited: Dec 12, 2003
  2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

you could try using record now as it is an updated version of prassi which supports some of the newer recorders and burns gi files a demo version is avalable from there web site

3. mmlnewbie

mmlnewbie Member

Thanks, this worked like a breeze. Stomp RecordNow recognized my new DVD recorder. Suggest this gets added to the FAQ:

Use Stomp RecordNow instead of Prassi PrimoDVD with GI backups and newer DVD recorders.