1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems converting ogm to avi with divx 5.1 codec

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by lilman, Dec 14, 2004.

1. lilman

lilman Member

Hey there everyone, long time reader first time poster. I already searched the website (keyword: ogm) for any information regarding this and hopefully I'm not repeating anything.

I used River Past Video Cleaner (very good program which I reccomend to other video converting newbies) to convert a 200mb .ogm video file to .avi with the divx 5.1 codec. I set the codec to create a file with very high compression and very high quality (slow conversion time unfortunetly). When I checked the program about 2 hours later it was finished and the .avi file that was created was around 300 megs. The audio was fine but unfortunetly pixelated blocks would appear very often. I'm not sure if this is a result of the high compression I used on the file or some setting that I am unfamiliar with.

Any help or comments would be much appreciated.

2. lilman

lilman Member

I forgot to mention: I tested the file in both windows media player and the latest divx player.

3. shiroh

shiroh Guest

uhh, i think its the result of compression.
    you can use virtualdubmod. set direct stream copy and save as avi. no quality loss

4. lilman

lilman Member

I tried that. When I used direct stream copy there was no audio. I downloaded ogg vorbis and tried it again with virtualdubmod and I still had no audio.

5. Kingd

Kingd Guest

Yes, vdubmod will demux out the video, but you need to get the audio out and convert the ogg to mp3. Do a search on google to figure out how to get the audio out of the file and convert it to MP3. Once you do that, then you can mux the video and mp3 audio back together with vdubmod.

6. Batanen

Batanen Guest

The easiest thing I have found to do it rip the audio with Virutal Dub Mod to a WAV file, then use ffmpeggui to convert to AC3 audio.

The problem I have encountered is, after converting to OGM to AVI in VirtualDubMod, I went to TMpegEnc plus to convert to an MPG file, and I get an error that it can not encode the video stream. Any ideas anyone?

7. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

If you wanted AC3 audio you could try using mencoder.
    Something like:
    mencoder.exe -oac lavc -lavcopts acodec=ac3:abitrate=192 -ovc copy input.ogm -o output.ac3

That way it remuxes and re-encodes the audio in one go. Or if you wanted say mp3 you could use -oac mp3lame.

8. shiroh

shiroh Guest

or headac3he