1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems copying a backup help needed

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by matt653, Jun 4, 2007.

1. matt653

matt653 Member

im trying to copy a backup game im using cd clone version 5 a pioneer 112d burner and aone dl discs i read the disc to a image file first and then write from the file onto disc 2x speed it all seems to work ok but when i put finished disc into my 360 it says unplayable disc any help or advice would be good ive already wasted 4 discs

2. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

Use Verbatim. If people would just pay the extra money they wouldn't have these problems. I know people who say those other ones work, but obviously, not for everyone.

3. Jimg1220

Jimg1220 Member

Yeah Verbatim is the way to go.. although I got some dual layer memorex (yuck) discs really cheap and to my surprise I have backed up 5 games already and they run like a dream... I guess its just luck of the draw sometimes.

4. matt653

matt653 Member

just tried with different discs verbatim and also traxdata same problem also tried using imgburn instead of cd clone this time my x box regognises it but when it starts to load it says disc damaged or dirty any help appreiciated

5. hoddey

hoddey Regular member

i been using Schtrom360XtractV3.2 but it wont pick up my cdrom drive it has in the pass i can still see it on my computer do you think i should re-flash my rom drive . thanks

6. matt653

matt653 Member

thanks for help ive got it working now seems my computer doesnt like cd clone for some reason works ok with img burn

7. immy_2k

immy_2k Regular member

aone are ok for us peeps in the uk we get ripped offwith verbatim here
    yeah ur backing up a back up glad u have it working now
    but if u have nero 7u can just do it by copying dvd and put the game in ur sammy drive and the blank aone dvd in ur burner and there u go

8. matt653

matt653 Member

thanks for tip mate ill give it a go save a lot of time .im having trouble with my drives at minute though ive both pioneer and lite on burners in computer and have to disconnect lite on drive to get pioneer one to work properly with 360 games as they seem to clash (pioneer master drive lite on slave)

9. immy_2k

immy_2k Regular member

well put ur back up game in the sammy drive flashed with kreon it should work in any drive that can read dual layers i think but the sammy drive works and put the black dvd duallayer in ur pioneer dvd dual layer burner and there u go open up nero 7 and just select copy dvd nothing else and makse sure u get the option right bascially destiniation drive making sure u put it correct where its copying from and too and thats it all in one simple step mate and now u will have a back up of a back up which is guaranteed to work mate

10. Texdude

Texdude Member

I am making backups of backups, I have the KREON drive, and a Pioneer 111D for buring them, I am using Nero 7, click on smart start then start the process w/ Copy DVD like started above. I want to know can I burn with the same success rate when copying. I want to copy @ 8x, will it burn without errirs? I know I probably should still copy @ 2x but have like 20 to do and wantr to get them done fast.

11. Jbrizzel

Jbrizzel Member

I would stay @ 2X. DL discs are $expensive$

12. matt653

matt653 Member

when i tried burning too quick i kept getting disc dirty or damaged screen on x box its a pain in the arse but you shouldnt burn above 2x otherwise youll end up chucking a load of discs

13. matt653

matt653 Member

thanks for advice immy 100% success now mate

14. Jbrizzel

Jbrizzel Member

By the way, my only option is to read and write @ 4X and all of the backups are working GREAT, so if you want, boost it up @ 4X and get it done double faster.

15. immy_2k

immy_2k Regular member

yeah mate u can burn at 4x but aone discsonly allow u todo it 2x it depends on the dual layer dvd verbatim allow faster but its all on the media u r using mate

16. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

If youre making a backup of a backup, you dont use the kreon drive AT ALL, just a standard pc dvd drive such as a pioneer dvr112 etc
    just use imgburn (with the right layer break etc)
    go to mode, read, select the game where your source is
    thats it
    will rip your backup to your pc
    if the dvd file wasnt created, you can very easily create it after
    burn on verbatim, I agree with everyone, I ONLY use verbatim
    Only use the kreon drive to rip originals, not backups.

17. Jbrizzel

Jbrizzel Member

Dude, no joke. I have been using my samsung SH-D162C kreon v0.81 all along ripping my games with nero and then burning with my Lite-on. Oh and yes they are verbatim's and they burn up to 4X whinch I like, because the faster the better. But I also like memorex as well, because there cheap and still operate as good just like the verbatim's.

18. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

hi
    use the sammy kreon to rip originals by all means, but not your backups youve made (ie making a backup of a backup)
    the thing is, the security sectors have already been removed on the backup so just use a standard drive (in your case the 111D)
    and imgburn. Do the same thing if you wanna make XB1 games that will play on the 360 (from an xb1 backup) - except you change the layer break info for the burn.
    Im not saying your making it up believe me:)
    However, due to the fact security sectors are reamoved, the kreon drive would "reject" the rip on a game thats already backed up.
    Hence just use the standard 111D and imgburn
    Ive never actually tried nero for burns but some have success. I burn verbs at an average of 7-8x and not had a coaster (touch wood) so far:)