1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems Copying "Anger Management" On DVD Decrypter

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by nstephens, Jan 18, 2004.

1. nstephens

nstephens Guest

Hey. I downloaded "DVD Shrink" to copy my first DVD, however when reading the tutorial provided by afterdawn.com it said to use "DVD Decrypter" if the bar was fully green. Which it was, so i then downloaded "DVD Decrypter", installed it and followed the instructions provided by this site on how to sucessfuly copy a DVD using that software.

So, i copied the DVD onto my HDD. As it said to do it. It then said find the file that you copied onto your HDD from the DVD. It said it should be a .DVD file. However i have two files:

ANGER MANAGEMENT.ISO (7.34 GB)
    ANGER MANAGEMENT.MDS (4.22 KB)

It said that two files may be copied onto your HDD, however it said to choose the .DVD file, to be copied onto the blank DVD. Well ... i don't have a .DVD file after copying it onto my HDD.

What do i do? Can anyone help? If it helps i'm using Imation 4.7 GB blank DVD Re-Writeable disks. Which are 2 hours long.

Thanks alot.

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Go back to starting with DVDshrink. When it is done analyzing the dvd, the bar will usually be all green because Shrink makes it the proper size to fit a blank dvd. However you should look at the compression ratio. If its around 65% or higher, then you can just click backup and it will rip to your HD. If you are using the new Version of Shrink (3.12) it will auto start Nero 6 to burn when the rip is done. DVD Decrypter can be used in the rare case when Shrink has a problem doing the decrypting. Also for future reference, all blank media can only hold about 4.4 gig of data max even though they state 4.7 gig on the disc. Try the Shrink and Nero setup . It should work for you. Its most members choice.
    Jerry