1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems copying dvd's with vista

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by montanama, May 25, 2007.

1. montanama

montanama Member

I have been making backup copies of my dvd's on my laptop and all of a sudden it has stopped working. I am using dvdshrink and dvd43 as a decrypter saving the movies to my hard drive and then burning with ashampoo software. I'm using a hp laptop with vista premium and i'm burning them on to dual layer discs. Everything was working fine, but now they won't play on my regular dvd player even though they do play on my computer's dvd drive. I thought it might be because of a windows update that I recently did, so I uninstalled any recent updates but this didn't solve the problem. When I play the dvd in my regular dvd drive, it keeps reading them as if there was nothing on there to find. Anybody have a solution because i'm ready to burn my laptop and get my old computer back that had xp on it.

2. bahgee

bahgee Guest

Im writing this in a hurry so your gonna have to do some searches for some guides. Excuse typos. www.slysoft.com for starters. (anydvd and clondvd),,you have to pay, but you can do back-ups like a champ. The DL issue is easily fixed using imageburn, however I dont know if it works with Vista, so this may be no good. Perhaps use regular dvd+rs. Have not tried Imgburn with Vista. Love to know though. Try that out and use a tutorial on image burn and DL. Image burn did my DL's proud on XP. As far as them (DL)not playing on your dvd player; Have you tried another dvd player? Maybe it doesnt recognize the DL disk. I had that issue. OK- for the answer to an alternate back-up route thats cheaper i recommend DVD FAB and shrink for Vista. Use must run them in administrator and XP compatibility mode. They do a great job on my Vista laptop. I dont know what burning software you have but i hear the newest Nero 7 series is good. I dont know if they rock out with the stellar DL breaks like image burn but they may. If you have time try to install and run imageburn with vista in xp compaitibility mode and administrator mode. Like i said, sorry for the typos but their are tons of guides on Image burn. DVD FAB Decrypter not the paid platinum and shrink if you want to experiment. Let me know how it goes. Good luck.

3. montanama

montanama Member

I've tried dvdfab and I have the same problem. I've tried these dvd's on two dvd players and they don't work. The weird part is that it was working fine and then it just stopped working even though I was doing it the same way the whole time.

4. bahgee

bahgee Guest

Did you recently change DL media, or do any Windows Vista updates? Have you changed any variables? If the 2 questions are both no then maybe its your burner. Im out of idea. Maybe somebody else has had this issue.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2007