1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems copying scarface

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by DcMaN, Jan 25, 2003.

1. DcMaN

DcMaN Guest

i am having trouble with my menu on scarface
    i put the dvd in my dvd drive and it doesnt load straight up to the menu it reads it but it stops and then i have to press play again to start it up

2. wheelerdr

wheelerdr Member

is this a backup. how did you back it up

3. radiofree

radiofree Member

I too am having problems with Scarface. I get I/O errors during the encode/recode process during the middle of the DVD. Is this just a bum DVD or is it something that Universal put into the DVD to prevent backups? I have tried both DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter off of my original, any suggestions?

P.S. Sorry this doesn't answer the thread question, but I wanted to add here instead of adding a new thread. thanks!

4. prjctsttc

prjctsttc Member

how did u back it up... I backed up my scarface dvd to take on vacation and it worked fine.. along with a few others... i used dvd shrink than imgtool classic followed by just using easy cd creator that came wt my pc to burn.. not a single problem with the movie...

5. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

I also backed up scarface using DVDdecrypter and DVD2One, and the quality is perfect all the way thru in spite of it being such a huge movie.

6. j_ripper

j_ripper Member

I backed up Scarface, but I reauthored it for only the movie, no menues. It works great.

7. radiofree

radiofree Member

Thanks for the good news guys - I think my problem was with the DVD itself. I cleaned it off with the right cloth and played it back on my standalone and I went to the same part it gets hung up on (when ripping)and it gets pixelated and choppy during playback now. I think the disc itself developed a physical defect - I guess I should have gone back to that before posting here...sorry for the inconvenience guys, but thanks for the help. I know it is just a disc problem now.

8. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

For future reference - any cyclcal redundancy check errors with shrink or Decrypter tend to be disc problems.