1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems copying some dvd's

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by tater9104, Nov 26, 2004.

1. tater9104

tater9104 Guest

I have recently bought a dvd set on the Tick, the animated series. I am trying to back it up, but I cannot get any program to work with it. DVD shrink freezes in the analyzing section and dvd decrypter will only go so far and begin to loop by trying to pass up one error. I did a search on the forums and tried to do what other people had suggested, such as readjusting my settings for the decrypter so that it ignores reading errors, PUO's, etc., etc. I did this in accordance with the instructions left by scuba pete for someone else. Does anyone else have any suggestions about what else I could try. I also tried cleaning the dvd as well. My burner has not had this kind of trouble before, unless the disk was totally scratched, which this one is far from it. The disk plays well by the way. What else could I try. If I could only get the files copied to hard disk, I think I would be fine from there, but I can't seem to get info off that darn disk. Thanks.

2. john179

john179 Active member

You could try dvdxcopy rescue which is suppose to have the capability of backing up dmaged disc's.

3. tater9104

tater9104 Guest

Do you know where I could find a copy of this? Is there a free trial? The thing is that my disc is not scratched at all. I just cant get the darn thing to either analyze (dvd shrink) or backup (dvd Decrypter).

4. ireland

ireland Active member

read this..and also get a copy of clone dvd..
    here
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/clonedvd.cfm

AnyDVD History

4.1.1.2, 2004 11 21

- New: Added support for "Sony ARccOS protection type 4"
    as found on "Walking Tall" (German) to the
    option to remove "Protection based on unreadable Sectors"
    Note: This new protection should be copied with CloneDVD2,
    other programs like DVDShrink may not behave correctly!
    - Some minor fixes and improvements
    - Updated languages

5. LeoLeroy

LeoLeroy Member

DvdXcopy Rescue was made by 321 Studios, which is no longer in business. I don't think there was a free trial available either. It doesn't sound like like Rescue would help anyway since you said the disc is not damaged.

Sorry, but this newbie doen't have any other suggestions except trial and error with other programs. At least it sounds like you're not making a lot of coasters!

BTW, 321's DVD Rescue might help you solve the problem if you can find a copy. It does work very well with damaged discs, and might give you a better "clue" of what's really going on.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2004
  6. ireland

ireland Active member

7. tater9104

tater9104 Guest

Okay, I have recently tried the Clone DVD and this did not work either! The set of DVD's that I got has four DVD's and they freeze at the same point on every dvd having a cyclic redundancy check. They are not scratched or anything. I also downloaded the trial of any dvd to run in the background, but this made little to no difference. I have yet to try the DVDXCopy repair, but I will soon. Any other suggestions?

8. tater9104

tater9104 Guest

I have run into the same problem with another DVD!!!
    This one is mildly scratched (with hairline places). Is that too scratched to copy. What if I bought one of those DVD/CD cleaners for 30 bucks? Are those any good?

9. swervin

swervin Regular member

Just for the fun of it, try ripping it to your hard drive with DVD Decrypter first. Then use Shrink to recode it to fit your disk. Set Shrink to burn with DVD Decrypter. Burn at a slow speed, such as 2.4 or even slower. This might not help, but anything is worth a try when things like this are happening.

Mike