1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems downloading, corrupt MP3... Fixed

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by oncepals, Mar 15, 2007.

1. oncepals

oncepals Member

I found the solution to this problem on another post. But, for those who have the same problem as me, this is your fix.....

" DON'T USE CHEAP USB CABLES... GET A GOOD QUALITY USB CABLE"

I tossed the crappy usb cable from the starter kit and used my digital camera cable and works perfectly now.

I'm having the worse time trying to load to my PSP. Firmware upgrade files, movies, mp3, photos are impossible for me to load. I formatted both my 256mb and 4gb sticks, followed the instructions on how to upload exactly as I read them and I get errors when I try to load the files. The error message I get for all loads is

" Cannot copy ??: Cannot find the specified file. Make sure you specify the correct path and file name"

I can't find any info on what's happening. This is for everything I try to upload to my PSP. I have been working on this all night and morning and all out of options.
    Anyone have any suggestions or ideas on this issue that can help me?

Thanks in advance

PS

My firmware is 2.60 by the way

Last edited: Mar 15, 2007
  2. wdclean

wdclean Regular member

Once the mem stick has been formatted take out of psp and use a card reader to tranfer the files, you can open the stick and put the files in the right place yourself. Easy and much faster. Music goes in music, photos in photos, Video's in video's and before you put the movies in rename them to the content they are and delete the second file .thm

WD.