1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems encoding again

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Rudeboi, Jan 23, 2005.

1. Rudeboi

Rudeboi Member

hey i am having problems finding a good Mpeg-4 V3 decompressor...i had already made a topic about this wayyy before and i went back to that topic and i downloaded all the codecs and still nothing, it tells me i need a Microsoft High-Speed Mpeg-4 V3 decompressor...and i opened AVIcodec and it said everything is supported
    ( Video : 296 MB, 315 Kbps, 12.500 fps, 352*288 (4:3), MP43 = MS MPEG4 V3, Supported) ( Audio : 723 MB, 768 Kbps, 24000 Hz, 2 channels, 0x1 = PCM, Supported)...i had reformatted my harddrive yesterday...so i had to install everything again...and i did that....any help?

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well downloading and Installing a Bunch of Codecs wen you only need one will cause more Problems than it solves....

All you need to decode this File is the Microsoft Mpeg-4 v3 codec which Pretty much everyone should have as I think they are a Part of Windows....

Also if you install Just "FFDShow Decoder" then you will not need to install any more codecs because it is a decoder that supports Most formats Includeing Mpeg-4 v3...If the File Doesn"t Play after Installing FFDShow then I would Say the File is Corrupted or something is Wrong with it....
    I can tell Just By Looking at the Specs of the File that it is a Low Quality file that will Be Difficult to encode properly, especially to a NTSC format....

Good Luck