1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems encoding/burming on nero 6

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by jbling, Nov 3, 2003.

1. jbling

jbling Guest

im splitting an AVI file and encoding it through Nero 6 to DVD. I have no probs in splitting it through viryual dub mod1.5.4 ver, in fact its a very good split however, I can not understand why I can encode and copy/burn the first part of the film onto a cd and yet the 2nd part of the film, stops at app 25-30% comp,and nero automatically shust down I have installed G spot and conf I have the right codecs for the film..your thoughts would be appricated
    thanks jonny b

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well the File could have corrupted sectors in which could make an encoder crash..and don"t say " Well I can play the File all the way through so it can"t be Corrupted" Cuz Even corrupted files will Play properly in most Media Players cuz they are made to skip over errors...But this is Just a Guess, I would sugest useing a Real Mpeg encoder to encode your Files Cuz Nero is Known to be one of the Lowest Quality encoders on the Planet....cheers

3. koola

koola Guest

TMPGEnc is a good quality encoder.