1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems encoding Xvid to DVD with TMPGEnc

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Zeus76, Jan 1, 2005.

1. Zeus76

Zeus76 Member

I'm having a difficult time encoding my Xvid .avi file to DVD. For reference, I'm trying to convert the anime Macross Zero episode #1(unlicenced, available at AnimeSuki) using TMPGEnc. Using the guide available at this site, I changed all the settings as instructed and also changed the Other Settings -> Advanced -> Video Arrange Method to "Center (Keep Aspect Ratio)", then set it to encode. It created the m2v and wav files, however, the wav file is blank. So, I got this gorgeous video with no audio. I tried extracting the audio using Virtual Dub, but it doesn't seem to like it. The only way I could get it to sync the audio and video was to use Cucusoft AVI to DVD program. That took 11 hours for one 30 minute episode at low quality (600MB file). I would prefer to have them encoded at the higher quality I got with the m2v file, but with sound of course.

Is there any reason as to why I can't encode using TMPGEnc? Am I doin' something wrong?

Thanks

2. Zeus76

Zeus76 Member

I forgot to mention, I'm positive I have all the necessary codecs, both audio and video

3. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

I never did that (the input movie is never so beautiful thet a DVD conversion or even a SVCD conversion is better than a poor VCD, cheap, easy) but I saw a chepter 'IFOEdit' in which you add the sound (.mp2, .ac3) to the .m2v output of TMPGenc by authoring the DVD with it.
    Did we read the same guide?

4. Zeus76

Zeus76 Member

Yeah, that was the guide. But the problem I'm having is that the sound has an encoding which is confusing both TMPGEnc and Virtual Dub. I can't actually properly extract the sound, I only get part of it and it'll only come out in mp3 format. I can't decompress it to .wav, even with Winamp. It's very odd.

5. chewy1308

chewy1308 Member

I am also having a problem using TMPGEnc to encode my Xvid.avi file to DVD. When I get down to the final screen, I adjust the average video bitrate down to 2000 which seems to be the lowest it will let me. However, my file is still too big so would adjusting the audio bitrate down to 64 fix that? I tried it and the file size went down so that it fit, but I am just wondering whether or not the sound quality will turn out to be good on the DVD...