1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems getting backups to load??? Try this...

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by knapptown, Oct 26, 2004.

1. knapptown

knapptown Member

I've read through all of these forums on this site (which by far is the best one I've seen yet) and understand the overall general consensus is to use -r media, the brand of which is debatable for many people. Like many others, I've had problems backing up games, especially of larger size (DJFFNY, MKD, Res. Evil, etc.), be it skipping audio, freezing on loading, long loading times, no loading at all, the list goes on and on. For $hits and giggles, after numerous unsuccessful attempts to backup some of these games, I popped in a Sony 4x +r disk to back up MKD. When I "swapped disk" for the backup, not only was I surprised that it worked, it worked and loaded as fast as the original and played just as well. Thinking this was a fluke, I tried to backup other games that I tried in the past like madden 2005 that I originally backed up on -r that I got to play but I had to settle for long loading times, freezing, and found that burning it onto a +r disk, I no longer have any of the problems I had using the -r media. (I have a v4 with flip-top using swap magic disk) Everyone on this site has been helpful for me so I'm throwing out my 2 sense experience hoping someone else will have success or some other feedback. I found that -r media has worked fine for me on the smaller games, but the ones I had numerous problems with and tried burning multiple times, when I tried +r media, it was a pefect backup the first time. Try it out if your having problems getting some backups to work...it worked for me.

2. rowdan

rowdan Member

This, in my opinion, would probly be because of the brand name "$ony" wow what a supris $ony disks work in a $ony device.... hehe