1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems getting good copies of homemade slideshows on DVD

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by gramps11, Feb 4, 2005.

1. gramps11

gramps11 Guest

I successfully created two DVDs. One was with MemoriesToTV and one was done through Photex PhotoShow. These are about 20 minute DVDs slideshows.

When I try to "copy" them I have had a lot of problems using "copy DVD" in both Roxio and Nero. I have two burners in two different computers and have had the same problems with both.

In my Nero/Plextor setup I try to "copy", putting the "source (created DVD) in my DVD Rom. Then I put a blank DVD in the burner and it keeps giving me the warning that I have placed an "empty" disc in the burner. I am new to this process and would like to know what I am doing wrong.

Also, when I tried to use my other computer, Roxio/Lite-On burner, I was able to make one successful "copy". So I burned 4 more copies thinking I was OK. When we reviewed the copies they all had an assortment of errors and flaws and skipped frames and skipped music. Very frustrating. Any thoughts?

2. leia176

leia176 Member

For your 1st problem make sure your DVD rom is selected as the "source" for copying. It is probably set to look at the burner for the source and that is why it is giving you that message. Find where to change that or just put your source dvd in the burner. Once it takes the data off and is ready to burn it will ask you remove the source disk and put an empty disk in the burner to burn on.

As for the skipping etc...that can be any # of things. Maybe you are trying to burn too fast? Are you using high quality disks? I'm not an expert on that, but perhaps you might try to make an image (iso, nrg) of the good disk on your hard drive and then burn off of the hard drive. You can look around to learn how to do this if you don't know how. If you wan t me to explain more just ask.