1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems Installing Slayers Auto Installer CD

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by muncho, Sep 9, 2003.

1. GetModded

GetModded Guest

Not what I meant.
    The firmware of a normal PC DVD drive is different from the firmware of an Xbox DVD drive.
    All Xbox DVD drives, Thomson, Phillips, and Samsung, have the same firmware to an extent.
    Using a Thomson drive try 4X Sony CD-RW.
    You shouldn't need to install another DVD drive, there must be a disc that will load.
    RustyDog

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2003
  2. MstChf05

MstChf05 Member

OK, I'm new and this is kind of long...

I just got Slayers 2.1 and I was having the same problem. I have a V1.0 XBox and an Xecuter 2.2 Pro. Whenever I started the XBox up with the Slayer disc in it or even when I put the disc in after it was on it would give me an error about can't recognize the disc. I pressed eject while the error message was up and just put the disc back in and it reads it now, but I have to do that everytime.

If anyone can help me, I can not get my XBox and my PC to link so I can do the backup thing. I've tried putting my PC Nic to IP = 192.168.1.7 and Mask = 255.255.255.0 I'm using a crossover cable that I know is good going xbox to pc. The slayer settings confuse me, under System Settings on the slayer menu, there is blue info at the top saying my IP is 0.0.0.0 but below it in white there is IP = 192.168.1.200 Sub Mask = 255.255.255.0 and Gateway = 192.168.1.1 I can change the white info but not the blue but if I change the white and reboot or even leave the menu it changes back. I have FlashFXP and tried connecting to the IP in white and the Gateway in white to no avail. HELP!!

3. link25o

link25o Member

I've been having the same problems that everybody else has been having with the Thompson drive. I installed the Xecuter 2.2 lite plus chip, installed the new bios and everything is working with all of that.

When I go to install EvolutionX, either with Slayers Auto Install cd or any of the about 10 different evox iso files, it wont read the cd. Just like everybody else, I'm using Memorex CD-RW's and burning it at 2X. I'm also using Disk-At-Once and Finalizing, but no luck. I used the same CD-RW brand for Flashing, but its not working to install Evox.

Is it because to install Evox, the cd has to boot up from the start? I remember when I had to flash the bios, i had to eject the cd and put it back in for it to work.

Every once and a while when I do put the cd in the second time, the xbox will go back to the xbox logo with the microsoft text at the bottom and shut off.

Did anybody have any luck with this at all?????

4. skinny85

skinny85 Member

quote"I swapped DVD drives with my friend's XBOX and it booted everything(Maxwells, Imations, Memorex)on one shot. The problem is that my friend's xbox didn't work with my DVD drive(I guess b/c his isn't modded)

I apologize for that. I checked the back of my DVD Drive to find that one of the tiny golden pins were bent upwards, not allowing it to connect properly. All that time I spent burning EVO X after EVO X disk for nothing. Everything is fine now.

I swapped for my buddies DVD Drive and they both work.(his XB didnt have to be modded to use my XB DVD Drive)

Everything is all good. Enjoying life after modding.It's beautiful.

5. skinny85

skinny85 Member

MstChf
    I had same problem, I wound up using the EVO X Boot disk instead. I moddified the .ini files to suit crossover cable and it worked fine.Follow EVOx4dum specificly w/crossover cable to mod your Evo ini file. go to your TCPIP Network properties and click "use following ip"
    IP 192.168.0.1
    Sub Mask 255.255.255.0
    Defualt Gateway (nothing)
    XBOX
    IP 192.168.0.2
    Sub Mask 255.255.255.0<--? maybe 255.255.254.0
    Default Gateway 192.168.0.1 (your computers IP)

I think this is correct, Ill have to double check it later.Use flash XP and disable your firewall software if any. This stopped me. hope this helps.