1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems loading DVD Shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Taytay111, Feb 15, 2007.

1. Taytay111

Taytay111 Member

I've been using DVD Shrink for about a month now and have had 12-15 quick, successful burns (approximately 20-25 minutes total, from start to finish).

A few days ago, I started experiencing some problems. After putting the dvd I want to burn in the burner and opening the disc on dvd shrink, the program will freeze up, sometimes faster than others. It'll generally freeze after I click anything, such as the Reauthor tab. From there, it'll take 5-10 minutes and then load the screen. Eventually, I can click the back-up tab, but it won't analyze the disc. It'll stay at 2 percent and eventually fail. I've checked the settings on my laptop and it says it's in DMA mode.

Are there any other options? I don't have any viruses and I have plenty of free space on my hard drive. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

2. FFsp42

FFsp42 Regular member

Might try defrag your HDD and run cccleaner at first and see if that is the problem. Shrink has tendancies to not run well on a fragmented HDD. Good Luck!

3. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

What you're experiencing might be caused by an encryption issue. Shrink is outdated when it comes to decrypting newer movie releases, it will fail when trying to back them up producing errors, freezing, or shutting down.

Try using any of these free apps, they're updated and work well, the links for them are below.

DVDFab decrypter
    ripit4me

If you're willing to spend some $$$, try the anydvd/DVDclone2 combo(anydvd can also be used with shrink or nero recode2), or DVDFab Platinum/Gold.

DVDFab Platinum
    http://www.dvdfab.com/dvd-fab-platinum.htm