1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems making a DVD with Nero 7 Ultra

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by shygirl13, May 27, 2007.

1. shygirl13

shygirl13 Member

I don't know if I am doing anything wrong, but I am having problems burning DVDs with my Nero program. By all accounts and purposes the dvd appears to burn successfully, but when I go watch it afterwards, the sound is delayed from the video. I've been downloading various tv shows and then burning them onto a DVD. The episodes work fine on my computer (sound is in sync with the video), but with the burning process, some of the videos are being affected. For instance, I put 3 episodes of a show on one dvd, and the first 2 were fine, but half way throught the 3rd episode, the sound messes up and is delayed from the video. It's not always the last episode either, sometimes it's the middle one. Also, I attempted to re-burn a disc and it messed up in the exact same place. Anyway, I just want to know what I can do to stop this from happening/fix it?!?! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

2. attar

attar Senior member

Instead of Nero, try this.

Run this program and select all three episodes.

http://dl.afterdawn.com/vsoDivxToDVD_setup_v0.5.2b.exe
    Import the file(s) (AVI, MPEG, VOB)
    Output (standard DVD file format) to a folder on the HDD.
    Set 'Aspect' to 4:3 (if you have a regular tv)
    Set 'Standard' to NTSC (if you live in North America)

Burn dvd with 'ImgBurn'

http://www.imgburn.com/

Run ImgBurn
    Mode > 'Build'
    Output > 'Device'
    File > 'Browse for Folder', highlight on the 'VIDEO_TS' folder, > 'OK'
    Click the green write button.

3. shygirl13

shygirl13 Member

great thanks, I'll give those a try...question though, will these allow me to make a menu with the features available on Nero (i.e. select a background picture/video, play a song upon loading etc..). Thanks again for the help.

4. attar

attar Senior member

The sync problem is coming up after the conversion and is quite common, but the conversion program I use is one of the better ones.

The audio is interleaved with the video so it's during the conversion part that the errors occur.

The output from the conversion program does not have a menu, you could load the output VOB file(s) into Nero Vision and make your menu and there should be no problem with sync at this point because (we hope) the conversion should be good.
    But you should check the files at each stage for sync problems before proceeding.

Or you could convert the original files again with Nero and write the output to a hard disk folder, just to prove the problem exists after burning.

Check to see if it's out of sync before burning, it probably will be.