1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems making back-ups for my ps2

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by jeff999, Jan 21, 2005.

1. jeff999

jeff999 Member

I'm having trouble making back-ups for my PS2. I've been reading a lot of threads in this forum and taking all kinds of suggestions but I [bold]still[/bold] haven't had any success. I've got a top of the line DVD burner and my modchip is apparently the best thing since sliced bread. It's supposed to recognize every type of media and it's supposed to load games automatically. I have DVD decryptor and Alcohol 120% and I've know how to use them but whenever I make a copy, my PS2 won't recognize the disk. I'm wondering if it could be a problem with the media I'm using. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

chip: ChipMod (www.modship.ca/)
    dvd burner: Pioneer RW
    media: Memorex DVD+RW, Maxell DVD+R, Maxell DVD-R

2. HeyYoWL

HeyYoWL Member

Definitely media it seems from the media you're using. 1) I'm 99% sure PS2's can't read DVD+/-RW's. 2) Memorex is terrible. I backed up stuff on to Memorex CD's years ago. A month later (they hadn't been touched since I burned them and were sitting in their cases), they wouldn't load anything properly. Try a different brand if possible.

3. jeff999

jeff999 Member

I'll do that, thanks. Do you recommend any certain brand?

4. HeyYoWL

HeyYoWL Member

I'm using RIDATA DVD+R's. I'd buy a single DVD-R/+R to see what works for your system though. That's what I did.

5. jeff999

jeff999 Member

Sounds good. Thanks!

6. smackfrog

smackfrog Member

Definetely try Ridata DVD+R, that is what I use and I haven't had a bad burn yet.

7. bjt9

bjt9 Member

i use nero and use the copy to copy button the media i use is verbatim dvd-r -r's are moe forgiving with read errors in the ps2 ...maybe its your mod chip i have a matrix infinity ..this method above has never failed me !! good luck

8. jeff999

jeff999 Member

Thanks guys

9. fobmaster

fobmaster Member

I have Ridata - and +, but neither worked for me. They made it past the game title screen, and sometimes even get intot the game, but would soon crap out. I switched to Memorex -r and they worked like a charm- i've had many hours of play time without a problem.

Also, the ridatas i'm using have the inkjet-printable surface. would that have anything to do with it?

I've been burning dvd movies for a while and new to PS2 burning, so i'll need to experiment with different brands of media.

I'm using a Plextor 8x, in case that has any connection.

10. bjt9

bjt9 Member

also i need to add that i burn ps2 no faster than 4x it seems if i burn faster than that the games tend freeze during playback... hope this helps

11. kinza

kinza Regular member

if you want some samples go to rima.com and email them asking for samples of whatever you want. they usually give it for free.

12. iriedawta

iriedawta Guest

@fobmaster...from what i read in these posts. ridata printables are not any good media. alot of people have trouble burning anything with them, and if it gets burn the quality is terrible. send those back...