1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems making DVD-r backups

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Swirski, Aug 10, 2004.

1. Swirski

Swirski Member

I'm new to this forum and have just recently recieved a pre-modded PS2. Its a v9 with the dms3 modchip installed. Anyway, im having no trouble playing normal games (aka non backups) but when trying to play a dvd-r backup I am unable to get it to work. All that happens is that the ps2 makes a louder than normal sound trying to read the disk and I recieve a disk read error message on the browser screen. I have a NEC DVD writer and am using verbatim dvd-r disks at 2.4x burn speed. Im using dvd decryptor to try to burn and have also tried to use nero. Neither have worked. I have tried to back up both final fantasy x-2 and devil may cry with similar results. Anyway im just trying to figure out whats going on and why its not working. Hit me back if anyone has any input. thanks

2. Bladerz05

Bladerz05 Regular member

The noise that your ps2 is experiencing is normal and shouldn't damage your ps2. as for the disk read error try writing with better media and burning at 1x if possible. Not sure but you might need dvd loader.

3. Swirski

Swirski Member

Thanks for the quick reply...but no such luck. The disks I'm using are the ones recommended on this forum...Verbatim dvd-r's. I tried writing at 1x but that didnt work either. I just got this ps2 premodded and im really frustrated that i cant get it to work so any other help would be really appreciated!

Thanks in advance

4. Bladerz05

Bladerz05 Regular member

What ps2 game are you trying to backup?

5. Swirski

Swirski Member

I have tried both final fantasy x-2 and devil may cry 1. Neither worked and both had the same reaction in the ps2. Loud spinning noise followed by a double click. any ideas?

6. Bladerz05

Bladerz05 Regular member

Maybe you should try burning with different software. If that doesn't work, then i don't know what will. It might be in the mod chip, i don't know. I couldn't really tell if the problem was in the modchip cause i have a magic swapdisk 3.2. If different software doesn't work, then well...I tried.

7. dpdblues

dpdblues Member

Better Media...BLAH, I use media that costs only .36 each and burn at 1x using the below programs. Before you burn, do a MSCONFIG and uncheck everything that is checked, restart and burn at 1x

8. Bladerz05

Bladerz05 Regular member

If it works for you, thats great, why pay more.

9. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Swirski:

BTW 2.4x is DVD+R not -R. Maybe there's an issue there as well.