1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems on first attempt to rip a dvd

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by sherwindu, Feb 6, 2005.

1. sherwindu

sherwindu Member

This is my first attempt to copy a DVD movie to my new
    Sony DVD burner under Windows 2000. I downloaded the latest DVD43 and patin-coffin software, got my nice Green smiley face, and called up my Nero program to copy the DVD from my Toshiba CD/DVD player. The first attempt stalled out after copying about half a meg of data with some kind of unintelligible error. There were 3 options for doing the copy, some taking longer time, but not being clear to me which one to chose. I tried once more with another combination, and this time the program sat for 3 hours in the 'analysze' mode, and never went over to actual burning. It is possible this
    DVD was not from Region 1, for which I am set, but my
    understanding is that either nothing would burn and/or I would get some kind of error message about that, which I didn't get. I am obviously somewhat ignorant about this whole process, so either I need direct answers, or a reference to somewhere I can find the answers.

2. Mahogany

Mahogany Guest

just download dvd shrink the new version and dvd decrypter also run anydvd in the background get the free trial version this should work once you download these three i use dvd shrink most of the time to rip and burn my movies with any dvd running in the back

3. sherwindu

sherwindu Member

Thanks for the tips, but I really want to know if the
    program DVD43 is a good working program, and if it is,
    what am I failing to do to make it work.

4. int3gr4

int3gr4 Member

No, DVD43 is not a good working program. Mahogany's post was sufficient. Use DVD Decrypter to transfer dvd files to your HardDisk. Then, use DVD Shrink if the dvd required compressing to fit on a single layer disc.