1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems playback subtitles Divx in JVC xn-n316

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by nooblike, Nov 2, 2004.

1. nooblike

nooblike Member

Hello i have bought a JVC dvd player and it supports Dvix and Xvid. But when i add the subtitles in a txt or srt document on the dvd, it refuses to play the subtitles on my television, and when i check the subtitles on the dvd, he cant find them either.

I can play the subtitles in my windows media player, so what am i doing wrong? Do i need a program do burn those subtitles on the movie? I heard there might be a program to convert the txt file in and .exe file or something? Is this true? Can anyone help me?

Greetings
    nooblike

2. nooblike

nooblike Member

no one who can help me ?

3. playpolly

playpolly Member

Hi,

My knowledge could be limited but I just bought the DVP 642 manufactured my Philips for like CA 100$ + tax and it is really worth it.

As much as I know subtitles cannot be played by a hardware player unless encoded into the avi file unlike a DVD.

For more on this refer to guide.vsnl.net.in/mobile_internet/product_reviews/vipul/phillips_dvp_642/index041024.html

4. playpolly

playpolly Member

Hi,

I researched and finally was able to play the .Srt files along with the Divx file.

In the DVP 642 I chose the the SRT file first and pressed subtitle - A message popped up saying subtitle chosen.

Then I chose the Mpeg 4 file and pressed play.

While in playback I pressed subtitle and the subtitles loaded but it took some time.

If it is possible try it on your player too.