1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems playing burned DVD on Cyberhome DVD PLayer

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by Dragan123, Jan 14, 2005.

1. Dragan123

Dragan123 Guest

Sup everyone

I just recently successfully completed my first burn on a DVD. What I was burning was a collection of music videos that I have on cd's and wanted to burn them to DVD to play on my standalone.

Well it plays perfectly fine on my laptop and desktop, however when I tried to play it on my standalone it loads the menu just fine shows all the videos there, but after i play about 5 or so videos the whole player locks up and I have to unplug it from the surge protector.

What I am wondering is this a media problem? I am using Maxell DVD+R disks manf. in Taiwan. From what I was told this DVD player would play all manner of backups including cd's, mp3's and photo cd's.

Could it have been a burning problem? I loaded the DVD up pretty full I think I used about 4.30gb of a 4.37gb dvd. They all fit on there fine, NVE gave no errors when encoding the files or during the burning process. As I said it played perfectly fine on my laptop dvd player as well as my desktop.

Can anyone give me some ideas? The only thing I can think of is that I put too much on the disk, I was able to fit 41 videos on the DVD in the .VOB format. I was thinking on my next run I would cut it down to about 25 or 30 to increase the quality of the DVD.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

PS: BigO if you see this, thanks for all your help.

2. Dragan123

Dragan123 Guest

Forgot to say the standalone DVD Player is a Cyberhome CH-DVD320.

3. killerzip

killerzip Member

read the faq and others posts many have had your same problem.