1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems playing copy of copied game -_-

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by aaur4, Nov 29, 2004.

1. aaur4

aaur4 Regular member

Hello all I am using a SCPH-39006 i bought abt 2 years ago. I think it is a Messiah(1) chip. It plays only DVD 3 region. I have no problems playing PS1 Games and PS2 Backup games. Recently, however, i got myself a DVD writer, and decided to make a copy of the COPY GAMES i bought. It does not run at all. I tried using DVD DEcryptor, RecordNow Max and the normal Nero "Copy Whole DVD" . Do I need a Special way to copy COPIED Games? I read somewhere that Messiah( i dont know which versoin) Does not read DVDR. Btw i used DVD-R is there a possibility my set reads only burnt DVD+R? Please help and Thanks in advance.

2. teggy

teggy Regular member

It reads -R, as more than likely your copied games are on -R. The problem is probably that they are copied copies. I don't really know if that is the problem as I don't think anyone has tried to back-up a back-up

3. aaur4

aaur4 Regular member

i know it sounded silly, but my friend wanted a copy of it. anyway it is GTA San Andreas, i read a thread in the same forum talking about it. Wonder whats wrong with that game?

4. fcasillo

fcasillo Guest

I'm having trouble making copies of backups also. Alcohol 120 seems to succeed in making image files, but I always get a write error when trying to burn to a disk. Any info would be helpful.*

5. aaur4

aaur4 Regular member

i just tried to burn Spider_Man_2_Usa_Ps2_Dvd-Orgasm
    with Nero using Fullmark DVD-R at 2x. It was a failure too. It isnt a coaster, but my Ps2 cant read it either. I have asked someone to unmod my set and softmod it, anyone can tell me what the problem is, the mod or my DVD writing method?

6. fcasillo

fcasillo Guest

I read someones post in another thread. He was having the same problem with movie backups (could not copy the backups). The people responded that he should use the "dvd data copy" on nero. Maybe that will work?

7. aaur4

aaur4 Regular member

erm...is it "Copy Entire Disc" . I tried it before and it doesnt work either.