1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems playing DVD's after successful burn.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by phantom_2, Apr 17, 2005.

1. phantom_2

phantom_2 Member

No matter what movie I try to burn either through Nero, or DVD Decrypter, or WinAvi it produces the same problem. DVD plays through first half of the movie without problems, and than starts stopping occasionally until towards the end it stops totaly. If I back up movie with DVD Shrink and DVDDec. there are no problems. If I burn movies to VCD or SVCD there are no problems also. The only problem is with playing back burned DVD's, that were previously converted from avi to .vob, and which play without problems in PowerDVD on my PC, but will not for some reason burn properly. Please someone help me, I have trashed over 30 DVD's so far and read many discussions but haven't found a sollution for this frustrating problem.

2. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Hi phantom_2,

What brand, format, and media ID are your blank dvd's? What speed are you burning at?

Mort

3. phantom_2

phantom_2 Member

I have Lite On dvd burner that can burn max at 16x, but the dvd's that I bought are Sony max burn at 8x. I have intel pentium at 2.6 GHz, 120 gig hard drive, 256 mb ddr memory.

4. phantom_2

phantom_2 Member

oh yea, the dvd's are Sony -R

5. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Try playing your burned dvd's in some other set top players, try slowing burn speed to 4x or even 2x, try different good guality media.

6. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

It really saddens me to hear someone say "I have trashed over 30 DVD's so far". Even though DVDs aren't $2 a piece now when that would really hurt, I cannot stress enough to newbies especially to have a few DVD+/-RWs (rewritables) laying around to test until the problem is fixed. The first coaster is excusable. The 2nd, 3rd, 30th are not.
    Okay, now your problem. I suggest burning to your hard drive first, then checking the movie out on the hard drive. If the problem spots play fine, you can assume it's with the burning, your standalone player or the media and not the ripping. As others have suggested, try the DVDs in another player to make sure your standalone isn't the problem. If you still see the problems, try burning slower or change your media. Sony might be great media, but what if your burner doesn't like it (maybe do to firmware).