1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems playing online

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Duerga, May 28, 2004.

1. Duerga

Duerga Guest

all i can do is chat. I asked the others online and they said they couldn't join my hosted room nor can i join theirs. I have a D-link cable modem connected to my ps2. My stapdad said there's no firewall. I'm no smarty. I need help. I can login but can't compete in the rooms but chat. What's the problem? Its just a game that came with the adaptor and ps2 - un-opened. The game isn't great (unopened) but I just wanna have fun (ATV Fury Offroad 2??)

2. Duerga

Duerga Guest

plz email : rude_tu@yahoo.com or AIM : Duerga1008

3. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

Rent another online game (madden 2004 or something) and try to get online. See if you still have the same problem.

4. Duerga

Duerga Guest

i did find a forum. and my d-link is model 504. They told me if i'm connected to one computer, i need to turn off firewall but dont know how...

5. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Is your D-Link 504 a cable modem or a router?

6. Duerga

Duerga Guest

its a cable modem. There's like two boxes they keeps the internet on. Probably a router and a cable modem. SOmeone said it maybe my wire connected the box isnt supportin the game. So they said i might need a new one. It also said that a D-link only supports connecting to the internet.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2004
  7. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Try disconnecting the cable between the two boxes and run it from the first box (the one that the TV cable goes to) to the network adapter on the PS2. I am assuming by telling you this that they are connected with ethernet cable with plugs that look similar to telephone plugs. With this setup, see if your PS2 works online. If so, you will need to play with some settings in the router which is what the 2nd box you have seems to be.