1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems,problems,problems!!!!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by deedubb33, Mar 22, 2005.

1. deedubb33

deedubb33 Member

was sup room,i need help on a burning issue,it's impossible for me to burn a movie,that is a copy itself.but i can burn the original,like from blockbuster or target,u know the original.and it's really annoying.i have dvd copy platinum,as the the program,what am i doing wrong????i have the latest program,as well????please help

2. spacedust

spacedust Regular member

First make sure the movie is playable. Run it threw DVD Decrypter make ISO file. Then burn Iso file with decrypter. OR you can use any dvd burning software and make disk to disk copy, either way always rip to hard drive then burn. Also I had a problem doing this turned out being my dvd drive did not like ripping D5 media. Ripping with burner done the trick. I prefer Decrypter and Shrink for all dvd ripping and burning keep it simple ,it is FREE and it works. If that is dvd xcopy platinum your using you can't run a copy back threw it will not work.

Good Luck

Spacedust..

3. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

DVD X COPY will not allow you to make a copy of your copy. You need to use another copy program suite, i.e., DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink.

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I would say your copies arent all that good. What media brand did you use on your backups?

The easiest way to copy a copied disk that is giving you problems is to use DVD Decrypter.
    Select <Mode> <ISO Read R>
    Then after the copy is on your HD select <Mode> <ISO Write W>

5. deedubb33

deedubb33 Member

thanx,guys!!!will try it,hopefully it's not too hard to manuever,i am a computer dummy!!!!(lol)thanks again, peace!!!!

6. deedubb33

deedubb33 Member

hey mayo,i'm using r+ media,and it's that cheap stuff,no name brand,my home boy told me to use r-,but i have so many r+,i don't know what to do with them,if they r the wrong media.

7. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

run one of those disks through this little proggy http://home.scarlet.be/~ping3828/dvd_identifier.zip
    and let us know what the manufacturer code is. I am betting that they are junk media, and that is where your problem is. If you would use quality media you would eliviate a lot of your problems, and that goes for everyone who is trying to save a couple dollars on the cheap stuff. It's no problem really, but if you want to avoid the pain and heartache produced by crappy media then be my guest. You will with out doubt suffer the consequences in the long run. Then you will probably end up backing up all your DVD's again so where is the mony saved then? Something to think about :)

8. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Oh I forgot to address the issue of + and - R disks.. There really is no need to worry about that what you should be more worried about is the Manufacturer of the disk's..