1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems reading backupped games

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Idis, Nov 16, 2003.

1. Idis

Idis Member

Could someone please explain me how this is possible. I have backupped a game to dvd+r (and also to dvd-r). My Xbox recognizes discs as game discs, and starts to load game, but sooner or later I get bluescreen with error message "disk problem bla bla bla". So, I cannot play the game directly from dvd+-r. However, I can copy the game (by using tools provided with slayers evox installer) from the same dvd and after that play the game from HDD. So the dvd drive can copy the game to hdd.

How is this possible, why it does not allow to play directly from the dvd? Is there anything I could do to solve the problem? DVD drive is manufactured by Philips.

2. jayb222

jayb222 Member

Use ISOCraxtion. It patches games, creates a perfect xbox image, and you can make multi game dvds with it also. It's easy to use to. look around for it on google and start burning. ^_^

3. Idis

Idis Member

Could the solution really be that simple? Well, I'll try that later. I still think it's weird that I can copy the game from that backup dvd-r disc to the hdd, and after that play the game from the hdd with no problems...

4. mfong

mfong Guest

I think it's your DVD drive problem, it can't read the media you're trying, I had the same problem, fixed it by tweaking the dvd laser. I have a Thompson drive which is the worst you can have out of the three in my opinion.

5. Idis

Idis Member

mfong, in your case, were you able to copy the game to the hdd from the backupped dvd-+r disc?

6. jayb222

jayb222 Member

When my xbox can't read the data from the cd, it can't take data off and put it on the hdd at all. Try another brand of DVD-rs or rws just to see if that was the problem.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2003