1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems Reading DVDS after Burning

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by clsearle, Jan 14, 2005.

1. clsearle

clsearle Member

I have been using did shrink with Roxio to burn dvds for the last couple of months, and have not had any problems. The last couple of dvds I have tried to copy will copy fine, but when I put them in my dvd players (Multiple), they will not play, but if I put them in my computer they will play fine. I have tried to use both the + and - dvds, and get the same results. Any suggestions?

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Did you change DVD Media since the last time you got a movie to play on the DVD? Could be that your homeplayer dosent like the new Media if you did infact change it

3. clsearle

clsearle Member

I haven't changed anything. I thought that it might be the version of dvd shrink so I got version 3.2.0.15, and tried it again and have the same problem. Has Microsoft had an update that may interfere?

4. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

I don't know much about Roxio's crap software, but have you changed the format that you're burning the DVDs? Do you choose UDF now instead of UDF/ISO? On older players, they don't recognize UDF (so you can play on PC but not standalone). Just try taking the same VIDEO_TS folder and burn it using something like Nero's 'DVD-Video' option (which tells it the disc is intended for a DVD player). Also, some cheaper and older players have problems reading certain discs. Just because it says Memorex on the label doesn't mean it's the same because Prodisc, CMC, Ricoh, or Ritek really makes the disc. My Sony will play anything you throw at it. :)

5. clsearle

clsearle Member

I'll have to check the format that Roxio is using when burning. I downloaded the free trial version of nero. Will it work, or do I need to purchase the real thing?