1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems reading games

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by bigdeal, Jun 25, 2004.

1. bigdeal

bigdeal Member

Hey,
    Can someone help me out?? I'm using slide card, together with swap magic. I have problems with loading games, such as SC Pandora Tomorrow, Mafia (won't boot at all) Tony Hawk Underground, and so on.
    The weirdest thing is that some games, that loaded before with no problem, load now very slow, or not at all. exemple: WWE: Smackdown! booted and loaded perfect, just as the original, but now even that game freezes. Could it be the lens?

Help me out.

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

well, the problem with mafia is that you need cd loader. You could try cleaning your laser lens.

3. zxspeky

zxspeky Regular member

yeah, like sly said, dirty lense, also may need adjusting, what version is it?

4. bigdeal

bigdeal Member

version 9

5. JackSwift

JackSwift Member

hello all

well i have the same problem with the games that used to work....i played various games and everything was ok...then i backup Smackdown and the problems start it was reading slow the loading times were so long and also it was doing some weird noises i dont know what it could be.....any help it will be apreciated

thanks in advice

6. shujin

shujin Member

clean your laser!