1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems restoring iPod Touch 2G

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by jestah57, Sep 2, 2011.

1. jestah57

jestah57 Regular member

Recently my iPod touch 2g started having syncing problems and wouldn't allow any music or videos to be put on the device, so another forum recommended restoring the firmware on the touch, so I did that, backed up first, and hit "Restore" in iTunes....it went all the way through the process until the very end when an error came up...

"The iPod "iPod" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (6)."

So i hit OK, and then iTunes says its detected an iPod in recovery mode, and i must restore this ipod before i can use it with itunes....

Ive searched for solutions, but none of them work, not the manual dfu thing, disabling security software (dont see how that matters), nothing...

does anyone here have any input on this problem?...

I am running current iTunes, ipod was on 4.2 OFW not jailbroken, comp is on windows 7...

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Did you reboot your computer and try recovery again?

3. alace

alace Member

Restart your PC and then try to restore if not successful then with out wasting your time switch to commercial data recovery application stellar phoenix iPod recovery tool