1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems ripping Star Trek Nemesis

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by Rosco_UK, May 29, 2003.

1. Rosco_UK

Rosco_UK Member

I'm having problems trying to rip Star Trek Nemesis using DVD Decrypter.

Even before I compress it, I tried playing it via my hard drive, and got the message "This Player is incompatible with the region marking of this disk"

I have tried ripping this title as a region free disk, and also as a true Region 1, but still getting the problem.

The message actually looks like it is coming from the disk, as my player would show the error differently if it were infact because of a region incompatability.

Can anyone offer any advice..?

Last edited: May 29, 2003
  2. bardstale

bardstale Member

I just finished ripping Nemesis with Smart Ripper and converted it with Super DVD Ripper v 1.89 with no problems. I'm not sure if this solves your problem.

Other possible solutions include:

1) Removing the region code from your DVD player, which I did to mine along time ago.

2) DVD genie program that allows you to change region code for your dvd player unlimited times. Note: I use this in conjunction with #1

3. ger

ger Member

You could use IFOEdit to make the VIDEO_TS file regions free (just open this file in IFOEdit and hit "region free" and that should do it. By the way, does Nemesis fit on one DVDR without compressing?

4. Rosco_UK

Rosco_UK Member

Tried most of the above. Ended up resorting to creating new IFO files.

However, once I got that to work, I decided to rip the full movie again, and create IFO's for all the titles. Strange thing was that when I did that.... it worked.... as if by magic... without having to do anything. Strange one!!!! However I'm happy.

Got it to fit onto one dvd by compressing it with DVD2ONE.