1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems ripping Star Wars Ep 2

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by Aziel, Jul 25, 2003.

1. Aziel

Aziel Member

I recently bought a DVD drive for my computer, and wanted to make backups of some of my DVDs. The first (and so far only) DVD I've tried is Star Wars Ep 2. I haven't had too much luck figuring out all the different programs, and going through the readme's on some of them is like trying to decypher Greek. I finally (thought) I got it to work using DVDx 2.2. It ripped the movie into three files, so I figured it had worked. But upon viewing the .avi files, I noticed that it had only ripped the first 5 or 6 minutes, then repeated the process. So I have 2 hours and 22 minutes worth of the same 5 minute section repeating over and over again. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but if anyone can help me out, I'd be very greatful.

2. babelfish

babelfish Regular member

hehe - this was the 1st movie i ever ripped

i just ripped to HD using file mode in dvddecrypter and then used instant copy to resize it (use this guide:http://www.mrbass.org/instantcopy/)

its pretty easy although a bit daunting setting it up - altghough i managed to set it up on the work machine (im too tight to even buy a dvd-recorder ;))

quality was pretty good - make sure you just set all the extras down as low as they can go and make the actual film the best you can

i also strip all but the 5.1 audio channel from main movie cos it seems to be ok on stereo anyway (although rocks on my 5.1)

3. Tosca

Tosca Guest

dvd shrink + burn
    or
    dvd decrypter + dvd2one/dvdshrink + burn
    or
    buy another copy and put it away for safekeeping