1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems ripping The Man Who Cried

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by hedonism, Jun 7, 2007.

1. hedonism

hedonism Member

Dear all: I'm new here; have been using DVD Decrypter and Shrink for a while. Recently tried to backup a copy of THe Man Who Cried but the file size always shows larger than 7GB; I used DVDShrink but after resizing the files the total size still showed larger than 7GB; is this a new protection scheme? Any suggestions? DVDFabHDDecrypter, a commercial program, seems that it is updated and could handle this but have not tried it yet; anybody knows if it works? Will appreciate any comments. Thanks!!!

2. Berryone

Berryone Regular member

You can get the Free version of DVDFab HD Decrypter here http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm

Try burning just the movie and removing the Foreign languages.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2007
  3. hedonism

hedonism Member

Hi, Berryone:

I got the DVDFabHDDecrypter; instaled it. It does not come with any instructions and from their website I guess you can get support if you buy the whole package; I don't mind doing that but I want to make sure I purchase something that will work. Anyway, used the free version and it seems like it did extract the files; now, how do I burn a DVD???

General question about DVDDecrypter and DVDShrink: I've used these for a few years, although it's been more than a year since I last backed up something so I'm not sure if I'm forgetting something. I first used DVDShrink to re-encode the files; seems to work. Then I tried using DVDDecrypter but it looks for a .MDS file that I cannot find anywhere!!! I tried using one of the .IFO files but it does not work. Any suggestions??? Thanks.

4. Shardel

Shardel Guest

Check out this link:
    http://webpages.charter.net/bacitup/Guides.htm
    There is a guide for DVDFabDecrypter. There are also other very
    good guides. For burning I like Imgburn. It is free. You can
    download it from this link. There are also guides for Imgburn and
    other popular backup software.

5. Berryone

Berryone Regular member

Last edited: Jun 9, 2007