1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems running a .MDF game backup

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by isaac4130, May 19, 2007.

1. isaac4130

isaac4130 Regular member

Hi,
    I have been trying to run a backup from a .MDF file.
    The MDF & MDS files for Disc #1 & Disc #2 respectively were contained within 2 separate .rar files.
    So, first I extracted these. Then using PowerISO, opened each MDF file (around 650MB each) and burned to CD-R.
    Then when I put the disc in, AutoRun worked, but once I clicked 'Install' a message came up saying 'Can't locate CD-ROM. Please insert correct disc and try again".
    I then decided to try just straight mounting the discs to a drive using powerISO. This time I navigated through the CD files and ran the setup, which covered the install.
    At this stage I thought I had it sorted, until I finished the install and went to 'play' - and got the same error message again.
    I have since tried to use the "play" command with just CD in drive, with just mounted image, and with both the mounted image and disc in drive. No luck.
    Does this sound like the MDF file itself might be corrupted, or is there something else I could be doing?
    Many thanks!

2. billybob

billybob Regular member

Yeh...what game is it? You may need a no cd crack or a program such as gamejackal....

Just tell me the game name and ill see what i can do :D