1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems running(burning) Wii games

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by dnunes, Oct 28, 2007.

1. dnunes

dnunes Member

I currently have a US Wii v2.2U modded by a WiiKey. The problem is, after burning ISOs to a DVD-R(LG) disc the Wii complains that it was unable to read the disc. I've tested with two other games and the same thing happens. AFAIK, WiiKey is 'region free' right? So what could I be doing wrong. The games I tested were all USA games: WiiPlay,Super Mario Paper and Table Tennis.

I don't know wich version of WiiKey it is. I've download the setup disk from WiiKey's official website and tried to burn it to a DVD, but Nero complains that it should be a CD-R(W). Then I burned the setup disc to a CD and tried using on my Wii, but it throws an error after a while trying to read it. I don't know what else to do ppl.

PS: The Wii play other backup games that came with the console.Just not the ones I'm trying to burn.....

Please help =(

Last edited: Oct 28, 2007
  2. N0_0ne

N0_0ne Regular member

heres the deal, the best discs to use are verbatim dvd-r, burn the iso using imgburn at 2X, if that doesnt work then it could be a problem with the installation of the modchip

3. dnunes

dnunes Member

Well, actually I manage to run a game a few hours ago. I download BrickBlocker to see if there was a problem with the files, when I used it to read the info of the files, all the three games I tested were PAL. So, I got a NTSC version of Madden and tried it and it Worked. Just burned normally with ImgBurn at 4x with my LG media disc and it worked flawlessly. Then I got Table Tennins NTSC and it also worked, so I think the problem may be the version of WiiKey???

Another problem is that I'm not able to burn the setup disk from the official site to a DVD so I could run on the Wii. The burning software says that I should burn to a CD. Can someone help me with that?? Thanks....

4. lovecars

lovecars Regular member

if under nero make sure dvd is selected

5. dnunes

dnunes Member

I am almost certain that it is selected. I've always burned DVDs, I can't be that dumb. Or can I. I'll take another shot and see what the #(*$ I am doing wrong.

But, could the problema of my USA modded Wii( w/ WiiKey) not reading PAL games be its version? I think the chip is up to date...but I'll try and see if it updates to the newer version.

Are there any risks my Wii stops working on doing so? Does anyone have a tutorial of using the Setup Disk of WiiKey. I couldn't find it in their website...

Edit:
    Here are the pics:
    [​IMG]
    Nero don't show the option for DVD.
    [​IMG]
    ImgBurn says .ISO is a CDROM file.

So, what should I do?

Last edited: Oct 28, 2007
  6. lovecars

lovecars Regular member

not saying your dumb i have done that never know there are some guides that could lead to your problem maybe an update good luck

7. dnunes

dnunes Member

Does anyone know how to switch a image recorded to CDROM to use it with a DVD? I was thinking about opening it with a virtual driver and copying the file to a DVD, but I don't think that's the right way to do it =/

8. dnunes

dnunes Member

How did you guys burned the Setup and Update disk of WiiKey?? I am not managing to find that on the web.

Please, help...

9. yikhai

yikhai Member

I worked out how to burn the wiikey update 1.9b and then the config 1.3 discs earlier today by going through one of the other "help" threads.

The image files provided by the Official wiikey website need to be padded to 1.4Gb to be recognized as a Gamecube disc. If you are using Nero, I've read that it does it automatically but if you are using ImgBurn like I did, you have to use filechop.exe which is provided with the config 1.3 rar file.

Here is a step by step to how I burned both discs:

1. Download update1.9b.zip and config.1.3.rar from www.wiikey.cn
    2. Unzip each into a directory of your choice.
    3. From the config.1.3.rar unzipped directory, copy filechop.exe into the directory where you unzipped update1.9b.zip.
    4. From Start -> Run, Open: cmd -> OK (opens up command line)
    5. Go to the directory where you unzipped update1.9b.zip under command line and type in:
    filechop.exe wkupdate.1.9b.xx.iso 1459978240
    where xx corresponds to your region
    6. Check the size of wkupdate.1.9b.xx.iso under properties. It should now be 1459978.240kb.
    7. For config.1.3, go back to command line and go to the directory where you unzipped config.1.3.rar. This time type in:
    filechop.exe bootdisc.xx.iso 1459978240
    where xx corresponds to your region.
    8. Check the size of bootdisc.xx.iso under properties. It should now be 1459978.240kb.

That should help you out, dnunes.

10. dnunes

dnunes Member

Well, I tried using Nero to burn both .ISOs, but it didn't let me burn to a DVD. Maybe there's an option to force the copy.

But thanks a lot man. I'll try using filechop and see what I get burning with ImgBurn =)

Thanks!